Best Restaurant to Watch Ships Sail from Ft. Lauderdale

BarbGar

We are arriving in Ft. Lauderdale the night before our cruise and thought we would like to watch the ships that leave on Saturday night about 5 pm. Any restaurant(s) that has that view.

I think the Hyatt Pier 66 has a revolving restaurant, but can you see the ships leaving from there, and we will miss it if we have revolved to the other side?

Thanks for help -- Leaving this Sat 11/12

You won't miss them! Sail away can go on for a while. Aside from which, there is on outdoor observation platform that faces the whole port and the channel. you will have a fantastic view of everything and even be able to watch the ship disappear on the horizon. It's our tradition to do this in FLL each time we sail from there or happen to be in town.

If you go to the Hotels pre & post cruise boards, you will find out the revolving restaurant is closed. When it opens, it will not be open to the public any longer. Trent S, who is very knowledgeable on those boards, said there is an observation platform somewhere, I believe near the causeway. You might check the Hotels boards.

Diane

You can defintely see from the the Hyatt pier 66 - BUT it is NOT a restaurant it is a lounge - so you can walk around or sit- but it goes very slowly so you should have no trouble - there is also a walkway you can go outside and watch as well.

This was just posted today on the Hotels pre & post cruise boards re: Hyatt Pier 66:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They changed the lounge to a banquet room. The only way that you can get up there is if you are invited to a party or if you are holding the party! I just called Pier 66 today about it.

There must have been a huge demand for this. I don't see why else they would do this to a landmark in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived