Opinions on Carnival's Blue Lagoon Dolphin excursion

sandkps

We've been to Nassau several time, usually just walk around or go to Cabbage Beach. But this cruise, Nassau will be our only port since it's just a 4 day. Looking for something fun to do with our kids, ages 11 & 8. They love shore snorkeling, but it doesn't look like there's any good beaches in Nassau for that, so I though maybe they'd enjoy a dolphin encounter, which we've never done. The reviews on Carnival aren't great, so I was curious as to what CC thought about it!

We did a dolphin encounter last winter in Cozumel. Felt guilty about it ever since. These animals shouldn't be slaves for human entertainment. Poor things....stuck in little pools....when they naturally swim miles and miles in a day.

Hi- We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter with RCI. It was a very good excursion. It takes 30 or more minutes to get over to the island by ferry.

The island is nice with a beach area we enjoyed after the dolphin experience.

Many have enjoyed the Atlantis Dolphin Encounter- one can take a taxi over.

Good to compare them.

My GF and I did the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter and we loved it. It was a little pricey, but cheaper than the Atlantis encounter, and we felt this one was much nicer. Our host were terrific and this was very enjoyable. They also have sea lions you can do an encounter with if you want to try something different. Our you can just do a Blue Lagoon excursions and you can always go and just view the dolphons and sea lions. As previously stated, you can also use the beach area, where it is a small lagoon, some hammocks and plenty of shade nearby. This just makes for a nice getaway. It wasn't too crowded when we were there, but I can imagine it could with numerous ships in town. Hope this helps.