Regal Princess Shore Excursions

Sophie 2015

Hello,

My wife and I are going on our first Caribbean Cruise in February. We are going to be on the Regal Princess eastern and western Caribbean cruise. My question is, do we need to book excursions? Or can we just walk off the ship and walk to the beaches?

We are mostly interested in the beaches (I guess) , only because we know so very little about the Caribbean. We have never been there or anything close--we do not travel much. We are from the Pacific Northwest and this will be something completely different. We will be going to Princess, Cay, Montego Bay, Cayman/George Town, Cozumel, Amber Cove, St. Thomas,and Phillipsburg/St Maarten

We know that Princess Cruises offer shore excursions for each place that we visit, but we just don't know if it is necessary to book one for each port prior to sailing. Can we just safely walk to someplace right from the pier, or does the ship usually dock in places where it is unsafe or too far from where tourist would like to go.

Thank you,

Lou