ESCAPE and Nassau

michelle028

Hi everyone

Just booked for March 2017. Do you know if the Escape stopped in Nassau recently? The only review i found was from 4 weeks ago said due to mechanical issues thst they couldn't stop there.

Random question...

Also do you know if Brat pack show is complimentary?

I was on the cruise that skipped the stop in Nassau (Dec 10th). They made an announcement as we were leaving Tortola that they were having an issue with one of the Azipods and as a result, we would be missing the final stop and heading back to Miami at a reduced speed.

It felt like we were crawling for the next two days and a few times on Friday (the day we should have been in Nassau) I actually checked to see if we had stopped completely.

I assume that they fixed the problem while in port in Miami during turnaround day.

This was my second experience with an Azipod issue.... on my Honeymoon cruise aboard the Carnival Paradise in July 2000, we got an hour out of Miami before we headed back to port. They sent divers into the water to investigate what the issue was and made an announcement after dinner that our cruise was being cancelled altogether as the ship needed to go to dry dock to have the Azipods fixed. We were devastated at the time but Carnival gave us a full refund and a free cruise, so we were pleased with how it was handled.

Hi everyone

Just booked for March 2017. Do you know if the Escape stopped in Nassau recently? The only review i found was from 4 weeks ago said due to mechanical issues thst they couldn't stop there.

Random question...

Also do you know if Brat pack show is complimentary?

tjust booked oct 21 2018 let me know if nassau changed any last time there was 2004 omg lol