Legend of the Seas - LIVE

fiveo911

Finally able to post. The internet has been unreliable at best since we left port on Saturday evening, but they did some "satellite upgrades" today, and apparently they worked! We went to Grand Cayman yesterday, and the weather could not have been better, Costa Maya today, and although it rained a little, it was very nice weather (low 80's both days).

Ship and crew are outstanding, the food is very good, and everybody is having a great time. We will try to post some pictures if the internet access holds out, as well as answer any questions. :D

Finally able to post. The internet has been unreliable at best since we left port on Saturday evening, but they did some "satellite upgrades" today, and apparently they worked! We went to Grand Cayman yesterday, and the weather could not have been better, Costa Maya today, and although it rained a little, it was very nice weather (low 80's both days).

Ship and crew are outstanding, the food is very good, and everybody is having a great time. We will try to post some pictures if the internet access holds out, as well as answer any questions. :D

Hi Five o911- .....It's Fantastic to hear from you..Thanks so much for taking the time. Glad to hear that All is as Great onboard the Legend ....just as it was for us back in August. We sailed to the Med. and had a fabulous time.

Please Keep us posted as much as you can...Have a Wonderful Cruise.. and any chance you can send me back a "Doggy Bag" from the Windjammer. Just a Thought!! Sure do miss the food and All the Nice People Who looked after us.

If you come across Andy..in the dining room..from Trinidad Tobago..Tell him Carol and Danny..we were at table 142 starboard side..deck 4.. from England.. Send Their Love. Cheers for this great message. All the Best Carol in rainy England... A Loyal Legend Lover!

Ohhhhh , I'm so excited to see this post . LOL , when I first saw it I said WOOHOO and Dh asked me if I won the lottery LOL . It has been quite sometime since there has been a review on the Legend Carol , was the last one .

We are leaving in 18 days we I am way to excited . Please tell us everything . Is there a Ben & Jerrys and Lattiudes ? How is the ship , is it in good shape , did you notice that there might be new carpets and bedding in your cabin ? What cabin are you in ? I know the ship was in drydock in the Spring . I hear there is lots and lots of windows . I hope you are having the time of your life !!!! You must be heading to Belize right ? We are scheduled to do the aereal trek cave tubing and that to me is probally going to be one of the best excursions . Any rumors floating around about Cozumel , see if you can overhear someone LOL :) put your ear up to the captains door HEHE .

Thank you so very much I really appreciate your post !

i am also sailing on the legend on november 26th...It will be my first cruise ever! Im so excited. I have found a website called virtualtoursusa.com and was wondering if anyone knew if the pictures of the ship were up to date.

thanks!

Hi Jayla

You are only the second person I have met that is sailing on the ship WOOHOO , finally more people :)

We are traveling with our twin 4 year old girls and my parents , DH and I are 36 and 38 , we are from NY . Where are you from ? Any kids ? This is the first time I ever took them with us , it may be the last Just kidding they are good girls , I am so happy there is an Oceaneers club thou so the grown ups can have some fun !

Wow your first cruise . you will be hooked !

I just went to the website , those are actually old pictures I found them on another website back when we first booked . I know the Windjaamer had a totally refit according to posters . I also heard the cabins had a face lift too , maybe FIVEO911 can check out the site and tell us more :) .

Hi Jayla

You are only the second person I have met that is sailing on the ship WOOHOO , finally more people :)

We are traveling with our twin 4 year old girls and my parents , DH and I are 36 and 38 , we are from NY . Where are you from ? Any kids ? This is the first time I ever took them with us , it may be the last Just kidding they are good girls , I am so happy there is an Oceaneers club thou so the grown ups can have some fun !

:) hello!

I am from Michigan. We will be traveling with about a group of about 20 for a family members wedding anniversary. Everyone who I am traveling with has been on cruises before excpet for me and a friend whom i am bringing ...so we dont really know what were in for. NO kids for me:rolleyes: ...I am employed as a nanny so im with kids all the time:D

Hi Jayla

:) hello!

I am from Michigan. We will be traveling with about a group of about 20 for a family members wedding anniversary. Everyone who I am traveling with has been on cruises before excpet for me and a friend whom i am bringing ...so we dont really know what were in for. NO kids for me:rolleyes: ...I am employed as a nanny so im with kids all the time:D

Hi Everyone on Legend site...Fantastic news that she will probably call at Cozumal. Great to know that Fiveo 911 is enjoying the Ship as much as we did. Wonderful News.

Setting Sail...A Big Congratulations on the smoking Front....Keep up the good work. One week today without a cigarette.. That's Brilliant!!

Bet the twins are getting excited over their holiday..Just over 2 weeks now. I assume you are flying to Florida..do you go a day ahead of the cruise.. or the same day? It is so exciting keep up the count with all of you. Have you got all your clothes and stuff sorted? My girls were great. I have a rubbish wardrobe..and they helped me get so many things.. Michelle treated me to a load of costume jewelry..she works in town and shopped on her lunch hour. Danielle bid on stuff for me on Ebay..and surprised me with a dress and some tops. It was so much fun getting all these new things..I got myself some summer skirts and blouses off my catalog and the delivery man kept ringing the bell. It was like winning the lottery. Danny got himself a special hat for the sun..made him look like a short version of "Harrison Ford" in "Indiana Jones"... the Temple of Doom or whatever it's called. What a laugh! Enjoy every second..it's all part of the vacation.

Jayla... I can't check those photos on Virtualtourusa..I have seen the site before.. but they won't come up on my computer..which is quite a basic old one. However, I have used the following site..and recommended it to others.

http://www.cruiseclues.com/shipstips/legendoftheseas.htm

they have a lot of reviews.... photo albums.... and even the chart to plot where Legend is at any one time. The Photos by Bart de Boer..are really lovely and still give the true feel of the ship... even though they are 4 years old. The windjammer, dining room and Solarium....definitely look even better today..after refits. But the Light and Airiness of the ship...the elegance of the atrium and the Great Masses of Glass and the wonderful style...come thru quite clearly. There are alot of other more recent snaps as well. But this definitely gives the feel. I loved looking at them before I sailed.

If any one could advise how it is done?? I have a load of digital photos taken on the Legend in August. my daughters' boyfriend put them on a CD for me..but we don't know how you go about setting it up on here for people to see. Any Advice?

Cheers for now everyone...We are still battling a really nasty flu here.

Regard from England.....Sunny Today.... Carol

Hello Ladies -

We keep running into each other on these Legend postings:) I'm at a bit more than 70 days...not sure the exact count, but my signature will say.

Carol - you can sign up with one of the free online digital services to organize your cruise photos. I use www.snapfish.com, but I know that www.yahoo.com has one as well as many others. Once you upload the pictures, you can caption them, rotate, etc, then forward the link to friends and family.

We went to Las Vegas in May and I did this and it worked out great. My family got to see the sites and didn't have to listen to me drone on and on. I've been working on a link to our cruise pics from January. I took about 1000, so it takes time to upload and work on them. Hopefully I'll have them done in time for the next cruise.

Hope this helps. Chat with you later.

Jen

If you haven't, go register for the 11-26-05 Meet and Mingle! We signed up, I'm not sure how many others have yet.

Hi Jayla, we are from Michigan too. What a wonderful way for us all to escape the cold cold weather. While you are helping to celebrate an anniversary, we will be celebrating our daughter's 9th birthday.

Hope to see you all at a meet and mingle (if we have enough sign up)

Hello all!! So sorry it has taken all this time to post a reply, but the pictures were on our laptop, and the internet on-board was not too keen on letting wi-fi users log in. So since we are not able to upload anything to the computers on the ship, we had to wait.

The ship is very well taken care of and the crew works very hard to make the passengers happy and to please. The variety of food onboard is excellent, at least as far as dinner goes. Breakfast and lunch were not so much on variety, but the quality was always good, although in most cases it would have been better if it were hotter.

As was posted before, the Windjammer did get a total update (pictures to follow), and the new colors are pleasing, although unless you eat late, a place to sit and eat inside the Windjammer is hard to come by. There is new carpet in the public areas and in the guest rooms, and new wood around the pool bar.

Our cabin onboard was #2078 (just aft of mid-ship, lowest passenger deck) and was VERY handy when docking and tendering. Walk 50 feet into the elevator lobby and down 1 flight of steps to exit. Out attendant Arturo worked relentlessly to make sure we were happy, had everything we wanted or needed and if he saw us walking to our room, stopped what he was doing to open the door for us.

Onboard entertainment was decent, (The Drifters, a couple comedians, the Love and Marriage game) and those who attended spoke well of them. And if you miss them, it was run the next day on channel 14 on the TV, except for the Drifters and if the comedian was "adult content". Television entertainment was fair. Most of the channels which were not "onboard programming" were foreign language channels, and one of the channels which is most watched is a assemblage of CBS programs just for RCI called "CBS Eye on Royal Carribean" and is reruns of their popular shows shown several times per day, with a few sports clips included here and there.

If you have any questions about anything, please post up and i will answer soon. I will post picures in a few minutes...

I'm from Michigan, too! Grand Blanc to be exact...whereabouts are all my fellow cruisers?

Glad to hear good things about the Legend..we will be boarding her very soon on 12/3. :)

By any chance is one of the comedians named Bobby Collins?

ZPOOD/Susan...sign up on our Roll Call for 12/3...the more the merrier..we are all set for our Meet and Mingle.

Have a great time!!

Lisa

I just noticed you are from Calera. I am a little bit down the road in Auburn. My wife and I set sail on LOS 1/7. We are enjoying your post. Keep up the good work!!!!

How was the tendering in Belize? Did it go fast. We are doing an independant Cave tubing tour. I know RCCL gives first priority to RCCL tours. How difficult is it to get on one of the first tenders?

Thanks,

I just noticed you are from Calera. I am a little bit down the road in Auburn. My wife and I set sail on LOS 1/7. We are enjoying your post. Keep up the good work!!!!

How was the tendering in Belize? Did it go fast. We are doing an independant Cave tubing tour. I know RCCL gives first priority to RCCL tours. How difficult is it to get on one of the first tenders?

Thanks,

RCCL did a "tender ticket" which was you wait in the Centrum and get a ticket, and when they call your ticket number, you go down and board. It did not work out very well as everybody wanted to get on a tender at once, but it did help a little with organization. RCCL does give priority to its own excusrsions, so those persons were in the Anchors Aweigh Lounge and were put on the first tender boat, no tickets required. However, if you show them documentation of an excursion which was booked independently and you are obviously going to miss it if you have to go through the "tender ticket" line, they will generally allow you to go with one of the first tenders and forgo the ticket requirement.

We leave in 5 more days. We were on the Legend 3 yrs ago for 21 days and must say it was one of the best cruise ever. In fact, the reason we booked this one is because our same waiter we had is still on there and we had the most wonderful time with him. In 21 days we got to know each other well.

So we will be asking to sit at Peters table. We saw his roommate in sept on the Mariner and he said Peter is still there.........

Five, can you speak to the Adventure Ocean program at all? How organized does it seem? Do the kids seem to be having a good time? What deck are you on? We are in cabin 7544 (free upgrade from the Upgrade Fairy from superior interior to balcony!)...

Also, what has been the word regarding Cozumel? I heard from a friend/tour operator on Coz that the Legend will be showing up this Thursday, but it will be a more limited time (8a to 4p). Can you confirm?

Thanks, and can't wait to see pics!

Lisa :)

We did not use Adventure Ocean so we can't comment. We were on deck 2.

The Captain announced that Legend of the Seas would stop at Cozumel this week but he didn't say what the hours would be.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Tina

Archived