Upgraded to 1B INFINITY,What do I get?

F5Loar

Just bought an upgrade to a 1B Premium Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda.

Does this get us any special perks? We've not been this high a category on Celebrity. Can't seem to find information in brochure. Did we cross the line into the higher ups where we will be treated like royality?

Premium used to be 1B, but I think now they are all converted to a CC, Consierge class. They are 191 sq.ft (instead of 170 sq ft) have a sofa instead of love seat little more room, bath closets etc are all the same. If it is CC, there are perks! Check out Celebrity web site. Enjoy your cruise:)

Just bought an upgrade to a 1B Premium Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda.

Does this get us any special perks? We've not been this high a category on Celebrity. Can't seem to find information in brochure. Did we cross the line into the higher ups where we will be treated like royality?

Prior poster is right. The reason you can't find a 1B is because all of the Category 1 A, B and C cabins have been converted to Concierge Class. You'll find that in your brochure. You've got about 20 square ft more than you had, and if you'll supply a cabin number, we can tell you if you've hit the jackpot on the veranda or not. Here's what it looks like and a list of the amenities that go along with it:

http://www.celebrity.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=IN

Sounds like the perks I got on a mini-suite with my last HAL cruise. I guess it was worth a couple hundred extra to move up from the bottom deck class.

thanks. It's room 8100. Looked like a typical room.

Sounds like the perks I got on a mini-suite with my last HAL cruise. I guess it was worth a couple hundred extra to move up from the bottom deck class.

thanks. It's room 8100. Looked like a typical room.

Yes, there's nothing unique about that one, but I think you'll like it. Some of the cabins that look the same on the deck plan are sleepers (e.g., 6135/6136). Have a great trip.

They look to have much bigger verandas. Also 6143/44 look to have bigger rooms and bigger veranda then those you mentioned. And the ones on the back of the ship in the center look even bigger than those! We prefer center of ship which 8100 is close to. We leave a room like we find it and we don't smoke so won't be leaving any additional burn marks behind. Isn't this ship due for drydock soon?

That is why we chose that cabin also, centrally located near elevators, but on other side away from traffic from elevators. Infinity is going into dry dock in April, just before it does our cruise in May. Hopefully the pod problem they have been having will finally get fixed! We usually get one of these rooms on Panorama deck and the balconies are about the same size, nothing noticable if they are larger it can't be by much. I hope you will enjoy Celebrity M class ship as much as we do. Infinity usually gets very good ratings .

They look to have much bigger verandas. Also 6143/44 look to have bigger rooms and bigger veranda then those you mentioned.

Of the CC cabins, the following are of the most interest due to decor, balcony size, or some other desirable feature:

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

No, CAnderson got it ALL wrong:mad: . 6143/44 are AWFUL cabins. :eek: NEVER take one, even if offered as an upgrade for free.:( AVOID at all costs. DON'T book those cabins....:eek:

...unless I confirm that I'm not on that cruise, and I don't want them.;)

Andrew

No, CAnderson got it ALL wrong:mad: . 6143/44 are AWFUL cabins. :eek: NEVER take one, even if offered as an upgrade for free.:( AVOID at all costs. DON'T book those cabins....:eek:

...unless I confirm that I'm not on that cruise, and I don't want them.;)

Andrew

Aw, you caught me. Yup, that list I provided is of the cabins with the worst noise, the strangest interior configurations, the highest roach count, and all of those other things that would keep someone else from trying to snag one!

How can decor vary? I thought they would all be the same ole same ole on the same ship.
There are a couple of these cabins that adjoin suites (connecting door), and are set up to 'expand' those suites if necessary, and are decorated differently as a result.

Archived