Carnival Pride Wedding! I need tips!

Drradical27

I am getting married on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore.

We leave on Nov 12th, but do not get married till the 15th.

My dress is about as big and princessy as it gets and it wide on the bottom. (Think The little Mermaid when she marries prince Eric at the end , minus the sleeves) Anyway I am calling out to brides that have had to get their dress on board. I know I will need to carry it on. Will it need to fit through the luggage scanner? If it doesn't will they let me walk it through metal detector. I just want to make it easy as possible. What if i got one of those walk bellhop kind of racks, so all the dresses can hang from it then go through one by one? Please let me know if anyone has any advice.

I will share pics of my wedding planning process soon

Thanks guys!

-Heather ;)

Congrats! We were married on Pride :)

Definitely check out the weddings and honeymoons board linked above.

From what I remember, my dress went through the luggage scanner. It was in its bag, and they were careful, so it was no big deal.

You're definitely on the right track. We had a rolling garment rack purchased at BB&B (I don't think I can list the full name of the store here). I was able to hang my dress the bridesmaids' dresses and tuxes and roll them on. This was when the ramp was operable in Baltimore - it wasn't in November and I don't know what the status is now, but it will at least be helpful for getting everything and around the ship. This was recommended to me by poster CARNIVALBRIDES who was also married on Pride and is a regular poster on the weddings board.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Edited by VASOXFANN

Glad that helpful hint worked so well for you. We did in fact get a collapsible garment rack from BB&B. We had two gowns and our bridesmaids dresses so it made it quite easy to roll on. You will have to send the rack and the gown through the scanner, but you shouldn't have any problems. I have reviews in my signature if you're interested, although we are just coming up on our four year anniversary and some things may have changed.

Congrats!

Congrats! We were married on Pride :)

Definitely check out the weddings and honeymoons board linked above.

From what I remember, my dress went through the luggage scanner. It was in its bag, and they were careful, so it was no big deal.

You're definitely on the right track. We had a rolling garment rack purchased at BB&B (I don't think I can list the full name of the store here). I was able to hang my dress the bridesmaids' dresses and tuxes and roll them on. This was when the ramp was operable in Baltimore - it wasn't in November and I don't know what the status is now, but it will at least be helpful for getting everything and around the ship. This was recommended to me by poster CARNIVALBRIDES who was also married on Pride and is a regular poster on the weddings board.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Thank you! Yes i think the ramp will be there for me to roll on up. I am def going to get one of those rolling racks. I can't imagine carrying my big dress and all my carry on bags. I also feel like I would bump into people lol!. Thanks for the advice!

Congrats! I was married on the Dream in 2010 and they let me walk mine through the metal detector, I know they do go out of their way to accommodate weddings. My dress was extremely heavy as well, was so grateful for the garment bag. All of my bridesmaids walked their dresses on as well....