BOGO specialty dining on anthem

vaka08

A few questions on how this package works. I see it must be used on nights 1 and 2 and they pick for you. From what I read on here, I can change the restaurants once on board. We really want to eat at wonderland, don't really care about any of the other restaurants. But if wonderland is 50/person and the bogo is 30/person I would still be saving money if I don't go the second night.

So my questions-

1. Does wonderland typically book up ahead of time that we wouldn't be able to switch to it? (If it matters we would be looking to eat early since we have 2 kids)

2. Are my above assumptions correct that I can switch to wonderland once on board?

3. Am I missing something cuz this deal seems to good to be true?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few questions on how this package works. I see it must be used on nights 1 and 2 and they pick for you. From what I read on here, I can change the restaurants once on board. We really want to eat at wonderland, don't really care about any of the other restaurants. But if wonderland is 50/person and the bogo is 30/person I would still be saving money if I don't go the second night.

So my questions-

1. Does wonderland typically book up ahead of time that we wouldn't be able to switch to it? (If it matters we would be looking to eat early since we have 2 kids)

2. Are my above assumptions correct that I can switch to wonderland once on board?

3. Am I missing something cuz this deal seems to good to be true?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2. We were able to switch to Wonderland once we got on board with no issues. (Though we did board early when we made the switch. 11:00AM)

3. No, you are not missing anything. We have done BOGO both times on Anthem. We think it is a good deal.

I always do the BOGO. It is indeed a good price if you want to include Wonderland. When you get onboard look to your right and there is a stand with the hostess standing outside of Wonderland. Give her your room number and she will make the reservations for you.

We are on Anthem March 5th sailing and I noticed this BOGO offer on our booking as well, and planning on purchasing it. It is a very good deal. We dined at Wonderland December 2015, in Wonderland and paid the $50 pp as there were no deals like this available then, and we thought even at the $50 pp rate it was still worth it. We loved Wonderland, it is such a great atmosphere, and we really enjoyed trying the different foods offered there. It's a really neat experience, and foods we have never tried anywhere else before. We are really looking forward to going to Wonderland again, and will also be trying to book this onboard if not assigned this specialty restaurant as our first night booking by RCCL. Happy to hear they are including it. Since you have the second night you might as well try Jamie's or Chops. We loved Jamie's as well, but I think they may have gone to a charge per item, and not the one cover charge anymore, so not really sure how this works with the BOGO. I think I read somewhere they give you a $30pp credit towards what you order? When we were on Anthem last time, it was just one cover charge for what ever you wanted to order off the menu. We ate there 3 times, twice a dinner, and once at lunch, on a 12 night sailing. It was awesome, and sure worth a try too.

We are on Anthem March 5th sailing and I noticed this BOGO offer on our booking as well, and planning on purchasing it. It is a very good deal. We dined at Wonderland December 2015, in Wonderland and paid the $50 pp as there were no deals like this available then, and we thought even at the $50 pp rate it was still worth it. We loved Wonderland, it is such a great atmosphere, and we really enjoyed trying the different foods offered there. It's a really neat experience, and foods we have never tried anywhere else before. We are really looking forward to going to Wonderland again, and will also be trying to book this onboard if not assigned this specialty restaurant as our first night booking by RCCL. Happy to hear they are including it. Since you have the second night you might as well try Jamie's or Chops. We loved Jamie's as well, but I think they may have gone to a charge per item, and not the one cover charge anymore, so not really sure how this works with the BOGO. I think I read somewhere they give you a $30pp credit towards what you order? When we were on Anthem last time, it was just one cover charge for what ever you wanted to order off the menu. We ate there 3 times, twice a dinner, and once at lunch, on a 12 night sailing. It was awesome, and sure worth a try too.

We were just on in December, Chops, Jamie's & Wonderland were all included. Izumi is the only one with $30 p/p allowance due to their ala-cart pricing.

A question about Jamie's. On the RCL site Jamies page there is a picture of a dish which looks like a cutlet/schnitzel with a fried egg - what dish is that? Don't seem to see it on menus found online

picture: https://s3.amazonaws.com/anthem-live/anthemoftheseas/wp-content/themes/anthem/dining/photogallery/jamies/jamies-4.jpg

menu: http://hjorth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015-04-26-22.37.28.png

Edited by toras

• 6 months later...

My family of 4 is on the Anthem this Thanksgiving and have purchased the BOGO package. We really want Wonderland on one of the nights.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this.... Reserve and pay for Wonderland on night 2 through Cruise Planner then get on the ship, cancel reservation and re-reserve using the BOGO package. This way we know the time slot and restaurant we want is available.

I'm sure the cancelled reservation will probably go back to our account as a room credit but I'm sure we'll use the $200+/- anyhow.

Thoughts?

Edited by LarryHD2