Review: Carnival Conquest 10/30/05

Sablerose

Thank you for the best review that I have ever read. We are leaving on the 11th of December for our cruise. We are also military, I loved your picture. My husband is now going to take his uniform, thanks to you. I love it. I am also very proud of him and very happy to be seen with him in his uniform. I am sure happy that you had such a wonderful cruise. Next time we are at Tinker I will have to look you up. Keep up on the postings you have a way with words a real gift. Thanks again.

Rose thanks for the wonderful review!!!:) I can only hope my dh and family are as lucky and have as great of a time as you.

The biggest thing I can tell you is, we would have had a fabulous time even without the extra perks. We just got to feel like rockstars for a few days! I am sure whether you get over-the-top treatment or not (and if the staff is doing their job, you'll certainly be feeling spoiled anyway!) you will thoroughly enjoy your trip. Just keep a positive frame of mind and remember every day on a ship beats a day at work! :)

Rose, I'm one of the Valor Vampires too. We met in chat a time or two. It was disappointing not to meet up with you guys in Cozumel or GC. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Congratulations on all the perks you got. We're thinking about S&SII just because it was SO much fun cruising with all the CC people!

Best of luck to you and Stang. ~Shannon

We met up with the A-Z Planners staff in the terminal and got our little group together. We were shuffled, after a short wait, off onto a bus which took us around to Doctor's Cave Beach. We waited around there for the second bus of passengers to show up and boarded a BEAUTIFUL red and white brand new HUGE catamaran called the Island Dreamer. One of my favorite moments of the day was when the captain of the catamaran came down to the dock, waved his finger, and said, "Nobody wears shoes on MY BOAT!" We all took our shoes off and boarded. The crew was three young men and one quiet but kind young lady who manned the (open) bar.

Rose, a group of us will be in Jamaica on the Conquest in Dec. and I have a couple of questions about the Party Snorkel Excursion that you were on. 1-What time was the excursion scheduled to begin? 2-Did you pay in full in advance or does A-Z just start with a deposit and final payment at time of excursion. We are also from Ok and your review has been great. Thank you for any help, as I will probably have other questions arise.

Rose, a group of us will be in Jamaica on the Conquest in Dec. and I have a couple of questions about the Party Snorkel Excursion that you were on. 1-What time was the excursion scheduled to begin? 2-Did you pay in full in advance or does A-Z just start with a deposit and final payment at time of excursion. We are also from Ok and your review has been great. Thank you for any help, as I will probably have other questions arise.

Hope this helps:

A-Z Jamaica Planners (http://a-zjamaicaplanners.com/) booked us on their Party Snorkel and Catamaran. It was $44/ea. Upon e-mailing with them to tell them how great it was, I have since found out that since their "normal" tour provider was not available, they sent us on that catamaran (it left from Doctors Cave Beach and was called the ISLAND DREAMER) -- well, turns out that tour is $65/pp according to A-Z now, but that since they had no notice they worked out a deal and only charged us the $44 rather than hitting us with the higher cost. They told me that if we ever wanted to take that particular tour again to just let them know that we wanted to go with the ISLAND DREAMER crew and they would work it all out. Our tour left at 10:30 a.m. and got back at 1:30 p.m. Just enough time to clear the clog for tenders in the morning but still get back in plenty of time in the afternoon. It was ideal, for us. We paid no deposit. Just cash to the A-Z Tours representative upon arrival in the terminal in Montego Bay, where they were waiting for us.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps:

A-Z Jamaica Planners (http://a-zjamaicaplanners.com/) booked us on their Party Snorkel and Catamaran. It was $44/ea. Upon e-mailing with them to tell them how great it was, I have since found out that since their "normal" tour provider was not available, they sent us on that catamaran (it left from Doctors Cave Beach and was called the ISLAND DREAMER) -- well, turns out that tour is $65/pp according to A-Z now, but that since they had no notice they worked out a deal and only charged us the $44 rather than hitting us with the higher cost. They told me that if we ever wanted to take that particular tour again to just let them know that we wanted to go with the ISLAND DREAMER crew and they would work it all out. Our tour left at 10:30 a.m. and got back at 1:30 p.m. Just enough time to clear the clog for tenders in the morning but still get back in plenty of time in the afternoon. It was ideal, for us. We paid no deposit. Just cash to the A-Z Tours representative upon arrival in the terminal in Montego Bay, where they were waiting for us.

Hope this helps!

Apparently I am on drugs or had one too many glasses of wine. No tenders in Jamaica. And I gave you the completely wrong times. I was looking at my Grand Cayman stuff.

sigh

It left at 9:30 and we got back at 1:30 or so, but we got a late start... I would say we did not actually get "on the road" or "on the boat" until 10am.

*slams head on desk*

Sorry for the erroneous info.

So Stang,

How is the review, pictures, and capers coming? Can't wait to read your point of view and see the pictures and capers. :)

I really should dismount my hind end and get to it, huh? I'm lazy. I'll get it done this week, for sure. I'm a slow mover, seeing as I'm still in denial that I have to finally go back to work in the AM.

Stang's back at work. I just got this in e-mail.

Monday is my least favorite day. On Monday, I have to dance.

We ate our one and only Tortuga Rum Cake (4 oz) yesterday for dessert and now we're kicking ourselves that we didn't bring home 25 pounds of coffee and 100 rum cakes.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hey Sablerose,

Loved your review. I saw you had room 8258. We have the same room on the Glory in Dec. How did you like it?

Thanks Bill

Hi Bill!

We loved it. Convenient to the stairs and elevators. We could hear some ding-donging when the elevators came up and down at different times of the day, but nothing unnerving. WE had a little bit of movement on Halloween night when the ship was rocking, but I think that's to be expected from an upper deck. It was a very convenient room to everything, always an easy walk from our room to anywhere.

Have a great cruise!

Stang's back at work. I just got this in e-mail.

Monday is my least favorite day. On Monday, I have to dance.

We ate our one and only Tortuga Rum Cake (4 oz) yesterday for dessert and now we're kicking ourselves that we didn't bring home 25 pounds of coffee and 100 rum cakes.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Send me your address and I'll mail you an unopened Tortuga Rum Cake (Chocolate, 4 oz). It's my "hostess" gift for your fab review!

~Stir

(^click to email^)

go to cruzanrum.com and you will find receipes for the rum cakes that you can make yourself.

They are really yummy!

Oh! Cool! Very awesome, thanks for the tip!

Rumcakes, here I come! Those don't count for any points on Weight Watchers, right? :D

Archived