Help! Panama Canal - Which Tour?

bastienboy

I'm on the 12/3 Legend to Western Carribbean and members of my group are absolutely torn as to which excursion we should do. We know we weant to see the Pamana Canal and cannot decide between the Panama Grand Tour ($125 - 5 hours) or the Panama Canal Tour ($175 - 7 hours). We are wondering if the longer one stops on land anywhere to do some exploration or whether you are confined to the ferry. Also, can anyone compare the two from first hand or second hand knowlegdge. Your input is very appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of us who have been to Panama, but not on Princess, please provide a brief description of these two tours then maybe you will receive some comments from some that may have taken similar tours on other cruise lines. Many times the tours are the same regardless of the ship, but it is difficult to know for sure without some explanation.

• 1 month later...

For the previous Legend excursion posts...if you check back here. Which did you choose? If you chose or heard about the Grand Tour did Carnival's go into the indian village or just along the shore as their excursion description says.

I haven't been able to find another thread.

Thanks

I went on the Legend two years ago . I took a cab into town and had a car pre rented and drove over to the canal about 15 minutes away . Avis or Hertz has a rental place in the city. If you call them both they will give you the info. Very easy to do . Also do not miss the White water rafting tour it was the best we have ever done . I am going on MSC next week and they stop in Port Limon also I have already reserved the white water rafting already. Avis or Hertz has a rental place in the city If you call them both they will give you the info

STEVE

Archived