UBP Question

[

I know founders was considered a micro brew not very tasty ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You really should not be chatting about beer if this is your experience.

Edited by luddite

[

I know founders was considered a micro brew not very tasty ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You really should not be chatting about beer if this is your experience.

They made it in Michigan where I used to live. It was ok not great tasted imitation euro to me.

Before crafts were a huge fad they were all over in Michigan the majority of them shut there doors because people did not want to pay 5 to 7 a pint for inferior products.

You do not want to know how these folks come up with new products I have seen it done. I will leave it to the proven and tried recipes.

I like shine which is home brewed most beer snobs would never touch it.

Like I said opinions

Give me a good Murphy's or Guinness over some ones science experiment any day.

We booked on the Gem and received the beverage package. My is how is beer served...by the glass or bottle?

Marc

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off the Dawn and there was decent selection of beer on tap and in bottle. Best selection was in O'Sheehan's. And all were included in the UBP.

They didn't last year. Wondering if they added to the selection. That menu on the escape is pretty nice. Big difference!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Forums mobile app

There were some decent beers on Dawn. One thing I did notice was a big change in the food at O'Sheehan's from my last cruise on Jade. They have improved the late night food significantly.

Sorry I don't recall. Don't mistake 'decent' selection for craft beer. By decent I mean a few European labels like Pilsner Urquell etc.

I'm thinking that you mean they had a wide selection of American Light Lager. Which does not mean that it is an American beer.

They made it in Michigan where I used to live. It was ok not great tasted imitation euro to me.

Before crafts were a huge fad they were all over in Michigan the majority of them shut there doors because people did not want to pay 5 to 7 a pint for inferior products.

You do not want to know how these folks come up with new products I have seen it done. I will leave it to the proven and tried recipes.

I like shine which is home brewed most beer snobs would never touch it.

Like I said opinions

Give me a good Murphy's or Guinness over some ones science experiment any day.

What selections from Founder's are you chatting about?

Annnnnnnd, don't confuse a beer snob with a beer geek. The beer snob will want to pour his Coor's Light onto your feet.

I'm thinking that you mean they had a wide selection of American Light Lager. Which does not mean that it is an American beer.

I think beer was being brewed in what is now the Czech Republic long before the United States was a thing, so I'm not sure what you mean by 'American Light Lager'.

What selections from Founder's are you chatting about?

Annnnnnnd, don't confuse a beer snob with a beer geek. The beer snob will want to pour his Coor's Light onto your feet.

Well to the original point as I laugh seeing a beer snob actually trying to pour a beer at my feet and I do not drink coors.

Founders has at least 30 different drafts on tap any given time some 0ne offs and some of there more proven beers.

They can no longer consider the stuff they sell in the stores all over the US micro brews or crafts they are not.

They have some good beers you can pick up at the store actually they would probably be there best and most consistent just like all the mass market beers folks turn there nose at.

All day IPA is good along with Dirty Ba***** and porter.

There all year stuff won some awards in Europe. But remember when they first came out they almost went bankrupt trying too hard to come up with some science experiment beers that were hard to reproduce if it were not for giving in to mass market tec and the surge in beer geeks or snobs which ever you want to call it. I call them ban wagon fans that will be drinking wine in 10 years or claiming they are scotch experts by pulling out stuff no one ever heard of and being the expert.

Again just my opinion.

Not all beers are that way.

Further investigation supports your comment. A/B seems to think 180 days is the "magic" number. Web suggests generally 2-12 months, depending on the beer. Larger number suggests beer is kepi refrigerated, even cans.

Back to my question. Does the variety of beers offered on the Escape suggest some beers won't be sold before their "good by date" , whatever that is? Do we really think a cruise line is going to discard beer that's been sitting around for 6 months and more?

The worst "swill" I've ever drunk is beer which is old and/or was stored warm or worse cycled between being refrigerated then kept out.