What about using SONG flights?

pudy68

I booked a flight with them for February, but now I am wondering about them being in the headlines lately. If they discontinue Song, what will happen to my flight? Will Delta still fly the route under "Delta", or will we get a refund and need to book with a different airline?

It was AWESOME!!!! Non-stop flight from FLL to Hartford/Springfield, over 20 live satellite channels in my seat (watched the ESPN ticker for the NFL scores), MY FLIGHT shows you in great detail where you are, the Nachos for $5.00 totally ROCKED and the seats and staff were great too.........

Delta will keep these planes no matter who the fly them under!

It's getting better & better! I didn't know Song had satellite TV! I always try for JetBlue flights whenever possible, just for the TV option! They don't fly to LAX though. So is the TV free?

Oh, yeah... forgot to mention that they offer reasonably-priced food for sale onboard, everything from chips to salads to sandwiches. Not a huge variety but it's good. The sandwiches are $8 and they also have a "picnic" with fruit, cheese and crackers for $5. I had a delicious Asian salad with chicken for $8 when I flew with them in October.

With the TV, it's touchscreen (which I find much easier to use than the armrest controls on JetBlue) and you can buy a PPV movie, play games, watch TV or track your flight on the GPS system.

The seats are comfortable (Naugahyde) and there's room for your legs. The Song planes also board at Row 10 so that the planes board and empty faster.

Yep... Song now flies to LAX. We were going to fly them for our Christmas cruise but then the flight times changed and I had to book with AA.

Song is very similar to JetBlue -- I think it's better (can you tell?)

It's getting better & better! I didn't know Song had satellite TV! I always try for JetBlue flights whenever possible, just for the TV option! They don't fly to LAX though. So is the TV free?

NO CHARGE FOR THE TV - BUT NO NETWORK CHANNELS!!!!

BRING HEADPHONES - I THINK THEY PROVIDE, BUT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY, AND DIDN'T ASK/ I JUST WATCHED THE SCORES AND THE EMPTY SEAT NEXT TO ME I PUT THE IN FLIGHT PROGRESS CHANNEL ON.................

We've always ordered off the "menu" they provide...no need to order ahead.

We've used them several times for the BDL to TPA run to visit my parents who live in Florida.

I was hoping that the reverse was to be...that Delta would "dump" Delta and continue on as Song.

My favorite flight was when we landed in Tampa, and the flight attendant got on the PA..."Please make sure you have all your personal belongings. If you get to your destination and find you've forgotten something, check our lost and found website-ebay.com " :D "If there were any problems you need to let us know about, please visit our website at UnitedAirlines.com" ;)

Actually, they do have a major network channel, NBC and they offer headphones for anyone who wants/needs them. Plus, you can keep the headphones after the flight. You'll find the list of channels at http://www.flysong.com/song_experience/entertainment/index.jsp

I too was hoping they'd dump Delta and keep Song, but I guess that's not to be.

Archived