Upgrading Classic drinks package!

hawkers

I believe I've read threads relating to a push onboard for passengers to upgrade their classic packages. I don't recall seeing a cost for this. What is the present cost per day to upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe I've read threads relating to a push onboard for passengers to upgrade their classic packages. I don't recall seeing a cost for this. What is the present cost per day to upgrade? Thanks in advance.

It's like $11/day to upgrade from classic to premium. It's prorated, so if you don't upgrade on the first day, you only pay for the remainder. It's worth the price in my opinion. The selection is much better with the premium package. The other advantage is that with the premium package, if you purchase anything above the maximum price, you only need to pay the difference. With the classic, you pay full price. (i.e. Drink costs $15. Premium you pay $2. Classic you pay $15)

On the first day or so the staff does actively try to sell the upgrade. I wouldn't say they 'push' so to speak. Honestly it's to your benefit, but the staff member does receive a commission for each person they upgrade.

Even with Classic pkg, ask for name brand liquor in mixed drinks. Asking for Whiskey Sour with Jack Daniels avoids risk of getting 'no name' brand if one doesn't specify.

At reception they can show you (sometimes give copy) of Classic, Prem liquor list for that sailing (it can vary a little from website due to inventory, restocking, show substitutes)

BTW, with Prem I've gotten 'doubles' in the cocktail which helps since I find they generally overload the mix. HAPPY CRUISING

Thankyou for the replies & advice! I wonder on a 12 day cruise if it's possible to upgrade on say day 3 once we see how we go or do we have to decide Day 1 or 2?

Thankyou for the replies & advice! I wonder on a 12 day cruise if it's possible to upgrade on say day 3 once we see how we go or do we have to decide Day 1 or 2?

It is absolutely possible to upgrade during the cruise. You do not have to decide immediately. But you will most likely be asked if you want to upgrade every time you order a drink for the first few days.