Logan Airport Parking

AEckhardt

We will be flying from Logan to MIA next month for our Western Caribbean cruise and since we live within 30-40 minutes of the airport, we almost always get a friend or family member to drop us off, however, this time we just don't want to bother anyone and have decided to drive ourselves.

I've looked into the MassPort lot at the airport, and also found Pre-Flight and one other in the area that provides shuttle service. We will need to park for 10 days (staying pre and post cruise for a bit of a buffer and to soak up as much sun as possible!!) and it looks like pre-paying for Pre-Flight is the best option, financially. ($134 I think, of course that is "before taxes and fees" and who knows how much that is!!)

Does anyone have any insight or recommendations? Any other lots? It does make me nervous to leave my car somewhere for that long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be flying from Logan to MIA next month for our Western Caribbean cruise and since we live within 30-40 minutes of the airport, we almost always get a friend or family member to drop us off, however, this time we just don't want to bother anyone and have decided to drive ourselves.

I've looked into the MassPort lot at the airport, and also found Pre-Flight and one other in the area that provides shuttle service. We will need to park for 10 days (staying pre and post cruise for a bit of a buffer and to soak up as much sun as possible!!) and it looks like pre-paying for Pre-Flight is the best option, financially. ($134 I think, of course that is "before taxes and fees" and who knows how much that is!!)

Does anyone have any insight or recommendations? Any other lots? It does make me nervous to leave my car somewhere for that long!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where exactly do you live and what time is your flight?

We live North Shore and it's a 9:25am flight. My BF works in Boston everyday and wasn't super happy I booked so we'd have to battle rush hour, as he typically leaves super early for work and then just chills and reads the paper with his coffee. I'm ok with leaving a bit earlier to beat traffic.

The Newburyport park and ride would be backtracking a little and we arent really looking to take a bus in, more looking for a parking lot with a shuttle nearby the airport.

North Shore? Near Woburn of Peabody? Consider Logan Express instead of negotiating early morning traffic and the airport parking issues. Parking at LX lots is only $7. per day, [that would run $70 for ten days] and two adult round trip tickets will cost you $44. If you qualify for senior rate, then it's $4 less. Or like me, I purchase the 10 pack booklet for $75., and use it for ourselves or share with a friend.

Once you board the LX bus, you and your luggage will be dropped at your designated terminal. So much easier IMO. I know you don't want to take a bus into BOS, but it's really worth consideration - been through some really bad traffic messes and have always made my flights.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

North Shore? Near Woburn of Peabody? Consider Logan Express instead of negotiating early morning traffic and the airport parking issues. Parking at LX lots is only $7. per day, [that would run $70 for ten days] and two adult round trip tickets will cost you $44. If you qualify for senior rate, then it's $4 less. Or like me, I purchase the 10 pack booklet for $75., and use it for ourselves or share with a friend.

Once you board the LX bus, you and your luggage will be dropped at your designated terminal. So much easier IMO. I know you don't want to take a bus into BOS, but it's really worth consideration - been through some really bad traffic messes and have always made my flights.

Darcy

Last night I looked into Logan Express and yes, the Woburn Park and Ride is just a few exits down, as we are right off 93 so it would be quick and easy to get to. I may just have to convince him to do this. We did the bus to NYC port out of there a few years ago when NCL had a contract with Academy Bus lines.

Ps: I'm only a bit more than halfway to a senior discount, lol but I'll look into this booklet you speak of

Edited by AEckhardt

Another vote for Logan Express, particularly since it's so convenient for you. I find the Logan peripheral areas to be very confusing since I rarely use them so the thought of running late and having to find an off site lot to ditch my car and get a shuttle back to a terminal is very stressful.