Dress code on the MS Koningsdam

pmad14

We are going on the MS Koningsdam the end of the month. I know there are two dress up nights. If anyone has been on this ship did people really dress for the two dress up nights? How did people dress in general? For women is a pair of capris and a dressy top appropriate? I have been on 19 cruises but for some reason this ship looks like people will dress up more so I don't know whether to bring all sun dresses or some capris and dressy tops???? thank you.

Do you know which nights are the formal/gala nights. We leave sail on Sunday and I don't see anywhere which nights they are. We are going with dressy tops and black pants. Guys are taking dress shirts and dress slacks. Didn't feel out of place on Celebrity wearing those choices. I do love looking at everyone that does dress formally.

We are on Sunday's sailing too. The formal nights are Tuesday and Friday. The at sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! That helps, we are trying to figure out when to try to get reservations in a couple of the other restaurants and didn't want to miss the nice dinners on formal night. See you on Sunday!

Thanks! That helps, we are trying to figure out when to try to get reservations in a couple of the other restaurants and didn't want to miss the nice dinners on formal night. See you on Sunday!

We normally dine at the Pinnacle Grill on the last evening. First, it is a nice way to end the cruise and second, the menu on the last night never seems to be to our liking.

We normally dine at the Pinnacle Grill on the last evening. First, it is a nice way to end the cruise and second, the menu on the last night never seems to be to our liking.

We were thinking of either the first or last night for the Pinnacle Grill. First night in the dining room seems so unorganized to me. Maybe we'll go Italian the first night and end the cruise with a great steak.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on the MS Koningsdam the end of the month. I know there are two dress up nights. If anyone has been on this ship did people really dress for the two dress up nights? How did people dress in general? For women is a pair of capris and a dressy top appropriate? I have been on 19 cruises but for some reason this ship looks like people will dress up more so I don't know whether to bring all sun dresses or some capris and dressy tops???? thank you.

Just off the Jan 8th sailing, lots of variety in dress on Gala nights but in the Dining Room I saw most men wearing sport jackets or suits. Some wore shirts with collars and pants and I also noticed several tuxes. For the ladies, we saw the same variety but I saw many women in slacks with sparkly tops.

Just off the Jan 8th sailing, lots of variety in dress on Gala nights but in the Dining Room I saw most men wearing sport jackets or suits. Some wore shirts with collars and pants and I also noticed several tuxes. For the ladies, we saw the same variety but I saw many women in slacks with sparkly tops.

I was on the November S. Caribbean cruise. We had early fixed dining on the upper level. The dress there was quite similar to your description. Quite a variety, but everyone was dressed at least neatly.