Middle names?

beckzay

Sorry, I don't travel much and I'm trying to make sure my whole family has all their documentation right for our flights and cruise.

Do names have to match EXACTLY for travel? For example, if my passport has my middle name, does my air and cruise documents have to have my middle name too? Or vice versa...if my passport has only first and last do my air/cruise documents have to be just first and last too?

Thanks, I don't want any surprises with denied boarding :)

Sorry, I don't travel much and I'm trying to make sure my whole family has all their documentation right for our flights and cruise.

Do names have to match EXACTLY for travel? For example, if my passport has my middle name, does my air and cruise documents have to have my middle name too? Or vice versa...if my passport has only first and last do my air/cruise documents have to be just first and last too?

If your passport has your middle name, make sure it matches your cruise information. They check.

Your legal name should be used for all travel documents. You start with your passport, and I would assume it is your legal name. Everything else matches. Sometimes, middle names are not printed etc, but every attempt should always be made to match it.

Your legal name should be used for all travel documents. You start with your passport, and I would assume it is your legal name. Everything else matches. Sometimes, middle names are not printed etc, but every attempt should always be made to match it.

Yeah. I'm not sure how you could have gotten a passport without all of the information matching your birth certificate or other documents.

Middle names or initials do not print on boarding passes only first and last (so even if you put it in it does not print) so go ahead and include it but you will only get the first and last.

All of our passports have our middle names or initials on them and it has never caused an issue with Carnival (my drivers license has my middle initial and my passport has full middle name). We have used passports to cruise for the last 15 years and never once has anyone asked about our middle names. You will have more of an issue with someone that maybe recently got married or divorced and did not think to get a new passport with the name change (happens a lot with newlyweds as they dont think about it and they changed everything else to new name).

Edited by Drazil65

Middle names or initials do not print on boarding passes only first and last (so even if you put it in it does not print) so go ahead and include it but you will only get the first and last.

All of our passports have our middle names or initials on them and it has never caused an issue with Carnival (my drivers license has my middle initial and my passport has full middle name). We have used passports to cruise for the last 15 years and never once has anyone asked about our middle names.

Ok, thank you! I'm probably just over thinking all of this :)

Ok, thank you! I'm probably just over thinking all of this :)

The real hassle for me is that I've always gone by my middle name. But my DL, passport and some of my credit cards have first, middle and last name.

On my cruise docs and when I'm on the ship I have to use my first name, but I've gotten use to it. And I also have had to start setting up my onboard account using a credit card with my first name that matches my cruise docs. If I set up the account using one with my middle name I'll get called to guest services to reswipe my card to make purchases.