Princess Cays

Hribal

Since Carnival announced some of their ships will be going to Princess Cays starting in May. Has anyone been there? Would love feedback.

I was hoping it was like HMC but from what I can tell, the water isn't as pretty and the beaches are rocky. Not to mention the cabanas are not on the water.

I was pretty excited about booking a cruise and having one of the ports stopping there but now I am not too sure. I guess I need to get more educated on the island.

It's not my favorite stop but we do get off and go over for a few hours. The beach feels crowded with chairs. The buffet just okay. As you are facing the island the best place to swim is off to the left. The right is a bit rocky. The left has some rocks but they are easily avoided. People that don't snorkel often like the snorkeling but if you are experienced it is disappointing. I haven't ever rented a bungalow but they don't appear too far away from the water.

I can take or leave this stop. Many people use that day to stay on the ship.

Princess Cays is ok. I find it rocky and yes the cabanas are not on the water directly. Also, there are many times my Princess cruises have had to skip it due to conditions making it unsafe to tender in. Will be visiting HMC next week for the first time and am excited to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Snorkeling may not be the best but much better than HMC where it is poor. The snorkel beach area wasn't crowded when I was there. But I tend to get to the private islands early so I can return to the ship for lunch. And, by the way, the barbecue lunch will depend on the ship as that is where the food comes from.

Worth a try for some. But having been there, I don't see any big deal. BBQ lunch was good. We just rented a clam shell for rest after a swim.

Thank you! What we love about being at a beach, HMC, is it! I was really hoping PC was just like that but sadly it is not. :(

Thank you! What we love about being at a beach, HMC, is it! I was really hoping PC was just like that but sadly it is not. :(

Just to clarify. My post was based on my own perspective and preferences, that may differ from yours. I may not be a fan, but it may have something you will enjoy. So go for it when you have the chance.

Just to clarify. My post was based on my own perspective and preferences, that may differ from yours. I may not be a fan, but it may have something you will enjoy. So go for it when you have the chance.

Oh I understand.