Carnival Breeze, Galveston Airport/Pier Transfer Question

kbalthaser66

I booked a last minute cruise to join several family members that are sailing February 12th. They are all booked FTTF so they will be checking in and boarding extremely early. Since we are all traveling together and coming in the night before I have a question. I currently have a 12:00-12:30 check in time assigned. FTTF is completely sold out for the cruise so my question is - If I book a Carnvial transfer from the airport the morning of the cruise is there a way to find out what the first transfer time is? In reading several reviews I am hearing the if I book a Carnival transfer I can check in immediately after getting off the transfer bus? Is this accurate? Does Carnival assign boarding times for the Carnival transfer from the airport to the cruise pier? It might benefit me to book a Carnival transfer if I can get on the first transfer bus at the airport. That way I do not need to stand around outside the terminal for 2 plus hours after my group has boarded with FTTF.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In theory this sounds like it would work.

Would you actually ride the transfer bus or just use the fact that you purchased it to enter the terminal? This is where I wonder if it would work. Perhaps someone that has used the transfer can share with you how it works. Do you show your transfer to enter the terminal?

I booked a last minute cruise to join several family members that are sailing February 12th. They are all booked FTTF so they will be checking in and boarding extremely early. Since we are all traveling together and coming in the night before I have a question. I currently have a 12:00-12:30 check in time assigned. FTTF is completely sold out for the cruise so my question is - If I book a Carnvial transfer from the airport the morning of the cruise is there a way to find out what the first transfer time is? In reading several reviews I am hearing the if I book a Carnival transfer I can check in immediately after getting off the transfer bus? Is this accurate? Does Carnival assign boarding times for the Carnival transfer from the airport to the cruise pier? It might benefit me to book a Carnival transfer if I can get on the first transfer bus at the airport. That way I do not need to stand around outside the terminal for 2 plus hours after my group has boarded with FTTF.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When you booked did you join one of their rooms or get a separate cabin?

I am assuming you got a separate cabin otherwise you would have a FTTF from one of their rooms.

When you booked did you join one of their rooms or get a separate cabin?

I am assuming you got a separate cabin otherwise you would have a FTTF from one of their rooms.

I purchased my own cabin. I called Carnival to see if they would allow me purchase a FTTF so that I can board with the rest of our group. I stated that I would not need access to my room until the regular time and that I was a single person in the cabin - I merely just wanted to be able to board the ship when they do. I had no problem paying the full FTTF fee but they unfortunately said no.

I would have no problem actually riding the transfer bus if it is necessary, however, I have already paid for a shuttle with the rest of my group which is dropping us off at the pier at 10:00.

This certainly is not the end of the world but it is a big family cruise and we were really hoping to get a big family boarding picture together.

If I do end up needing to wait outside of the terminal for a couple hours is there some seats or a shaded area? Do they have lines roped off by check-in times (line to be formed for 11:00-11:30, then another line roped off with the next checkin time 11:30-12:00)? If they do have that at least I can be the first person in line for the 12:00 checkin line.

Thanks everyone - any advice is greatly appreciated.

Well I hope it works out for you with the shuttle if they will allow you to board early. :)

When I bought FTTF for ours I didn't know about the earlier boarding time so that came as a pleasant surprise! :D

We were scheduled for 1-1:30 check in so we were going to get to Galveston before lunch and eat somewhere before going to check in.

Then I found about the early check in and being able to eat on board. :cool:

I purchased my own cabin. I called Carnival to see if they would allow me purchase a FTTF so that I can board with the rest of our group. I stated that I would not need access to my room until the regular time and that I was a single person in the cabin - I merely just wanted to be able to board the ship when they do. I had no problem paying the full FTTF fee but they unfortunately said no.

I would have no problem actually riding the transfer bus if it is necessary, however, I have already paid for a shuttle with the rest of my group which is dropping us off at the pier at 10:00.

This certainly is not the end of the world but it is a big family cruise and we were really hoping to get a big family boarding picture together.

If I do end up needing to wait outside of the terminal for a couple hours is there some seats or a shaded area? Do they have lines roped off by check-in times (line to be formed for 11:00-11:30, then another line roped off with the next checkin time 11:30-12:00)? If they do have that at least I can be the first person in line for the 12:00 checkin line.

Thanks everyone - any advice is greatly appreciated.

If you purchase a Carnival transfer you can check in as soon as you arrive at the pier. Not sure what time the earliest transfer leaves the airport, although on our cruise Nov. 26 a transfer bus arrived at the pier at the same time we did, which was at 11;10am.

If you do have to wait outside, it is under cover and in the shade. Be prepared for any kind of weather as we had lows on Sunday of 21 degrees and 4 days later it is 81 degrees and we are back in shorts.

If you purchase a Carnival transfer you can check in as soon as you arrive at the pier. Not sure what time the earliest transfer leaves the airport, although on our cruise Nov. 26 a transfer bus arrived at the pier at the same time we did, which was at 11;10am.

If you do have to wait outside, it is under cover and in the shade. Be prepared for any kind of weather as we had lows on Sunday of 21 degrees and 4 days later it is 81 degrees and we are back in shorts.

We had pretty much the same weather with a low of 17 on Saturday morning and a high of 82 Tuesday! :eek:

The forecast for Galveston Sunday for our Embarkation day is 65-71 with a 40% chance of Thunderstorms. :(

The forecast for our return is pretty much the same! ;)

Instead of arriving in shorts and a shirt we will have to wear jeans, rain coat, and probably hiking boots. :rolleyes:

From what I saw when purchasing the transfer for my cruise on Jan. 22 the transfer service starts at 10 from the airports so first group would probably be there around 11. Not sure if the people checking boarding passes will know that or not but it does specifically say if you buy the transfer service through carnival you can check in at any time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums