Sibenik and Kotor

Can anyone tell me where ships dock at these ports? Do they actually come alongside or is it necessary to take a boat to the shore? Is the docking area reasonably close to the old and interesting parts of the ports? We will be going to both places in April with Silversea's "Silver Wind" and would like to be able to walk around and explore independently and not with an expedition organised by the ship. Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

When we were in Kotor last August on Vision of the Seas we were tendered in. There was one ship, I think a Holland America, docked, so maybe there is only space for one ship to dock. Whether you dock or tender it is only about 5 - 10 minutes walk to the Old Town.

Make sure you are on your balcony or on deck to watch the sail in to Kotor. It takes a few hours and the scenery is spectacular.

Sorry I can't help with Sibenik.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Make sure you are on your balcony or on deck to watch the sail in to Kotor. It takes a few hours and the scenery is spectacular.

emmm, how do I put this..........I don't like early mornings and for the Kotor sailin it would mean being up at 5 am. :eek:

Am I being a bit thick by suggesting that the sailaway should be just as good as the sailin and all I would have to do is look to the stern of the ship? :rolleyes:

Yes I'm sure it would be. 5am is definitely too early to get up on holiday! We were lucky in that we didn't arrive in Kotor until 1pm, although it meant we didn't have long there.

We would like to return for a land trip sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums