MSC DIVINA 28/01/2017 - Entertainment Shows and Parties

night_dreamer

Hello all Cruise Critic supporters,

I´m boarding on Divina in Miami on the 28th January, with a group of other 7 people, and we all need your help.

I´ve been on Fantasia in 06/2014 so we had a previous experience on MSC entertainment, but we´re wondering what kind and the name/theme of the shows (Michael Jackson tribute, Beatles, Opera) would be presented in our cruise as well as the thematic parties (is the white party still present, or Italian party, or the70´s/disco party?)?

Can someone with recent cruises on the Caribbean please help us?

Thanks

José

Edited by night_dreamer
Misspellings

We were on the New Years cruise, so that might be different but the shows were The Voice (singing) Mask, Motown (new show with three guys) Treasure Island (pirates) Witches, Michael Jackson tribute and a tribute show to the band Queen.

Themes were white party on formal night, Italian party, Fluo party (glow), Flower Glory (70-80's) and tropical.

It's too bad that MSC does not provide the information pre-cruise because most guests don't know about it.

We were on the New Years cruise, so that might be different but the shows were The Voice (singing) Mask, Motown (new show with three guys) Treasure Island (pirates) Witches, Michael Jackson tribute and a tribute show to the band Queen.

Themes were white party on formal night, Italian party, Fluo party (glow), Flower Glory (70-80's) and tropical.

It's too bad that MSC does not provide the information pre-cruise because most guests don't know about it.

I've always wondered about that. Other cruise lines have similar parties (white party, etc.), but how are guests supposed to know before we get on board?

Hello all,

Thanks RC Dancers for the reply, its more or less equal to 2014 shows.

You´re right when you say that all clients should have this information before boarding, for instance, in 2014 i dind´t had all white clothes in the party, a little lame because i dind´t know that we´re going to had that party.

In the documentation pre check in, or in the website in the client area should have this information for all.

Well thanks again RC Dancers for the reply and feedback, if someone have more recent trips please update this topic.

Regards,

José

Edited by night_dreamer

Humm, nothing against our irish mates, but i've booked this cruise more than one year ago, so much time that the initial cruise date was recheduled, and i dind't know this information neither i've received further notice in the mean while, i dont mind a little irish culture music and so on in the secondary shows i might see some, but i expect that the main shows stay with regular options. If not they will have 8 complains from us, we booked this to be a standard cruise.

Thanks for the news Kim

Humm, nothing against our irish mates, but i've booked this cruise more than one year ago, so much time that the initial cruise date was recheduled, and i dind't know this information neither i've received further notice in the mean while, i dont mind a little irish culture music and so on in the secondary shows i might see some, but i expect that the main shows stay with regular options. If not they will have 8 complains from us, we booked this to be a standard cruise.

Thanks for the news Kim

I agree. I didn't know when I booked it a year ago either. I am mildly concerned now, but am just hoping it doesn't impact the typical cruise experience!

Kim

Hello all Cruise Critic supporters,

I´m boarding on Divina in Miami on the 28th January, with a group of other 7 people, and we all need your help.

I´ve been on Fantasia in 06/2014 so we had a previous experience on MSC entertainment, but we´re wondering what kind and the name/theme of the shows (Michael Jackson tribute, Beatles, Opera) would be presented in our cruise as well as the thematic parties (is the white party still present, or Italian party, or the70´s/disco party?)?

Can someone with recent cruises on the Caribbean please help us?

Thanks

José

Hi

We're also on the Divina on this sailing, from the documents there is a white party ans the Italian night of red/white or green!

Looking forward to seeing what other entertainment is on board!!

No worries - you will be able to avail yourselves of the regular MSC entertainment as it will take place nightly in the theater, lounges, etc. MSC has an array of live performances and musicians. They are wonderful. Check the daily bulletin for the schedules.

The Irish travel group also has assorted musicians and musical groups hailing from the USA and Ireland. Performances are scheduled in various lounges at various times throughout the week and are reserved for the travelers with the group. Additionally, on past trips, there also were performances available to all on the ship, typically in outside venues.

All in all, the entertainment schedule is very coordinate and there is MUCH to be enjoyed by all. :)

Edited by NancyJewel92
Fix typo.