Magic Comedy Club

mnlovesdisney

Getting very excited for cruise (only two weeks away). I have a few questions regarding the comedy club:

1. What are the show times?

2. How far before show starts would you recommend getting there?

3. Also how good are the comedians? We have gone to the comedy club in the past on Carnival, but it has been a while.

Thanks.

Getting very excited for cruise (only two weeks away). I have a few questions regarding the comedy club:

3. Also how good are the comedians? We have gone to the comedy club in the past on Carnival, but it has been a while.

Thanks.

I believe we are on the same cruise. Mine leaves 2 weeks from tomorrow! :)

Thanks.

If you read my review (in my signature) I talked about a couple of the comedians we saw. We first started going to the comedy club on the Legend last summer, we had never been on our previous cruises. We could walk right in and get a seat. So, when we decided to do it on the Magic, I was shocked the first time when I got in a line that stretched back 100 people! Now, we still got a seat, I was surprised at how many people that place can hold. They do kick everyone out after every show though, so you have to get back in line to see the next one. The next times we went, we got there a little earlier, about 30 minutes and got better seats. But I wouldn't get there are showtime and expect to get in.

I don't remember the exact show times though, but they were typically later in the evening for the ones we went to. They often had PG shows at like 7 & 8, then around 9 they started the adult shows, going until like 11. There were usually 2 comedians each night as well.

Magic is the only ship we've been on that kicked everyone out after one show and then you couldn't get back in for the next show since the line was so long.

Maybe the dim-bulbs running the show will FINALLY move comedy to a room (main theater) that can handle the crowd.

We were on the Magic the week before Christmas and never had an issue getting a seat for the comedy shows. We always take early dinning and get out of MDR about 7:15 - 7:30. The first comedy show (family as we have a 14 yr. old) was at 8:15 or 8:30.

We would go straight from dinner to the comedy club to get our seats (this venue is large compared to many other ships). One of us would stay with the seats while the other 2 would go back up to the cabin to change and mix a couple of drinks to take with us. The the other person that stayed behind would go to change or whatever when we came back.

We were never kicked out of the club on any of the nights we stayed over from a previous show. One or two nights they had an adult show twice in one night after the family show (2 different comedians). There were a total of 4 different comedians that week that switched out times and nights and all did family and adult shows.

Edited by Drazil65

I believe we are on the same cruise. Mine leaves 2 weeks from tomorrow! :)

I believe you are correct. We sail January 28...two weeks from today. :) Can't get here soon enough, especially after the freezing weather we've had in Minnesota the last couple of days. You know it's been cold when you go out when it is 20 degrees and that feels warm enough that you don't even need a jacket. ;):D

We were on the Magic the week before Christmas and never had an issue getting a seat for the comedy shows. We always take early dinning and get out of MDR about 7:15 - 7:30. The first comedy show (family as we have a 14 yr. old) was at 8:15 or 8:30.

We would go straight from dinner to the comedy club to get our seats (this venue is large compared to many other ships). One of us would stay with the seats while the other 2 would go back up to the cabin to change and mix a couple of drinks to take with us. The the other person that stayed behind would go to change or whatever when we came back.

We were never kicked out of the club on any of the nights we stayed over from a previous show. One or two nights they had an adult show twice in one night after the family show (2 different comedians). There were a total of 4 different comedians that week that switched out times and nights and all did family and adult shows.

In Nov on Magic comedy club manager kicked out everyone after each show.

Thanks.

We're on the 28 Jan Magic Eastern. No guarantees, but looks like:

Sat: late Comedy Show

Sun: 7:30 8:30 9:30 10:30* "Flick" in the Theatre

Mon: 7:30 8:30 9:30 10:30* Serenity Mega Party

Tue: Karaoke in the aft lounge Mardi Gras Lobby "Country Road" Theatre

Wed: Karaoke in Aft Lounge, late comedy show "88 Keys" Theatre

Thur: 7:30 8:30 9:30 10:30* 80's Rock & Glow Party

Fri: 7:30 8:30 9:30 10:30* "America Rocks" Theatre

* The two comedians alternate each hour

Ken