Aloe: Aruba Connections, Importance from CNN??!!

TLCOhio

From CNN cable news network on Tuesday this week, they have this headline: "Aruba Aloe sheds light on potent, powerful plant" with these highlights: "For the tiny Dutch Caribbean island that lies less than 30 miles off the coast of Venezuela, 'A' could just as easily stand for aloe. With its dry, arid climate and nearly year-round sunshine, Aruba offers ideal growing conditions for the desert-dwelling plant. In fact, so successful is aloe-growing on the island that the plant is Aruba's top export. The best place on the island to get up-close and personal with the potent, medicinal plant is the Aruba Aloe farm and factory in Hato, a short, 10- to 15-minute drive from Aruba's main hotel zone."

This is an interesting story with great details about aloe and Aruba. We enjoyed our visit to this Aruba Aloe farm and plant. My wife loves the aloe products that she bought there and now uses. This profile notes that aloe is "packed with 12 vitamins, 35 minerals and 20 amino acids."

Below are some pictures from our visit to this Aloe plant. Much more about Aruba from my connections highlight below.

Full story at:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/travel/aruba-aloe-farm/

For our "Aruba: Pix's, Fun, Experiences Feb./2015!", see:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262154

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 46,852 views for these postings.

Here are two pictures from our stop at an Aloe processing location on Aruba. Kind of touristy, but interesting to see and learn more. Plus, my wife did some serious shopping here. Our MasterCard saw the draining impact for that commercial exercising. You can see how parts of these plants are cut and the magic interior liquid drained for processing. Second is picture from their fields where the plants are grown with in the distant background is shown the arrival of the large Carnival Triumph ship coming into this port at mid-day.:

ArubaA12_zpsue0gupzc.jpg

ArubaA13_zps8hfhrtti.jpg

Here is an example of the Aloe products produced on this island.:

Sept2015PixsA40_zpsurslr8ds.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I also enjoyed the factory and purchased several products. I just want to mention that most products were $2/bottle cheaper at the pier as compared to the factory. I'm not sure why.

Appreciate this great info and tip. We will be in Aruba, again, in early March as we are doing a Panama Canal cruise and then going on to Central America stops, San Francisco. Will share with my wife.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 167,241 views for this posting.