Carnival Liberty room question

pohlerbear

Hello all.

We are looking to book a weekend cruise on the Liberty in March. We are trying to decide between an ocean view on deck one or an interior with picture window overlooking the "secret" walkway on deck six.

Any opinions on these two options? I've read that the interior can be noisy with the ocean breaking on the front of the ship. We've never had a room all the way forward. Also concerned that it's near the theater and concerned sound would be an issue.

I also realize that the ocean view we would feel some movement being on level one. We've never been lower then two.

Any other room tips would be appreciated. Not new to crusiing but new to Liberty.

If it were me, I would choose deck 6 near the "secret" walkway. I have read guests really enjoy these rooms, as it's almost as though they have their own shared balcony with the other guests near them. One thing to consider, though, when there are people cruising around the deck, privacy may be an issue when your curtains are open.

Aside from that, another advantage of deck 6 is the convenience of the location. I feel like it's inconvenient to be so far away from all the action. I have been on deck 2 on the Imagination, and it was awful. The engine noise was loud, and I tend to worry about things I really should NOT worry about, like an engine fire, sinking, etc..Stupid, I know but I feel like I'm safer on a higher deck. Again, that's just my silliness.

Lastly, I personally LOVE feeling the gentle sway of the ship when I sleep, and I think it's more noticeable on the higher decks...although I could be wrong. ??

Let us know what you choose, and have FUN!! :)

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up booking a corner window view (2470) since that room looks huge in comparison to other OV rooms, but its the same price and cheaper then the interior with picture window. It almost looks like a suite! Its closer to the other room my group too.

the lower you are the better you are in the way of motion.

the obstructed inside-- deck 6 is over the show lounge. dancers practice very late or very early in the morning

I dont know about hearing waves breaking while in an inside cabin on deck 1 there are many decks

shows will be loud but you will be at the show anyways right

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up booking a corner window view (2470) since that room looks huge in comparison to other OV rooms, but its the same price and cheaper then the interior with picture window. It almost looks like a suite! Its closer to the other room my group too.

It is huge! But I will warn you it can be extremely loud and not just when docking but when the ship is traveling at a good clip. It also vibrates - a lot. We had 2470 and 2473 on Glory. One in our party got so sick due to the movement and vibration. I felt so bad for her. I love it back there but just thought I would give you a heads up. If you need peace and quiet, it is not the cabin for you. I have stayed there 4 times.