Roll Call -- Norwegian Spirit - 12/18/05

skywalkervadar

Hey,

Anyone else on this 11-day sailing out of New York City over Xmas? This will mine and my husband/bf's 3rd cruise. We are 34 and 29 sailing with a str8 couple (2nd cruise with them) ... all from just outside of Toronto ON Canada.

We're getting really excited now. Only 5 weeks to go.

Who else is on board?

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I will be on board, a single mature man, 55. I am looking for friends as well as playmates. Hope to hear from other couples or singles looking for either.

Here's hoping it is not swamped with kids.

I went on board yesterday for lunch, and the ship is BEAUTIFUL!

Carl

Hi....I will be on the 12/18/05 sailing with my ex...go figure. We are traveling with straight friends. We are 56 and 52. We will be in one of the owner's suites and look forward to meeting and making friends on board.

According to what i read, NCL has FOD meetings as a rule on their ships but I am not sure. Therefore, just in case, I would like to hear from you if u r interested in getting together.

Carl, Cabin 6082

Hi....I will be on the 12/18/05 sailing with my ex...go figure. We are traveling with straight friends. We are 56 and 52. We will be in one of the owner's suites and look forward to meeting and making friends on board.

My latest posting was targeted at you and your ex. I would love to hear from you at my yahoo address if you are interested in chatting. Thanks.

Carl

Hi....I am not the most computer savvy person on here so if you would like to respond other than on here send me mail at TPAPROFGUY@AOL.COM....I have read some of the reviews of this ship on the message boards and I am scared! Actually I think any cruise is what you make of it....and I am still looking forward to it.....will see how it is travelling with the ex......should be interesting!

Reviews are what you make of them. The recent spate of bad reviews for the Spirit seems to have stemmed from afew sour pusses who if their responses to fellow CC message boarders is any indication, they're pretty much just pissed off people 24/7 anyway.

This is why I'd advise taking any review with a grain of salt. You will have a great cruise if that's what you want to have. If a dish isn't to your liking, ask for something else or try one of the other gazillion places to eat. The is most likely going to taste at least as good as anything you can make at home and will probbaly taste a good deal better. PLus, it's all free so you can eat whatever, whenever.

I think, for the most part, the crew is very friendly. There will be exceptions. if someone is downright rude, then ignore them and move on.

I think much of the bad reviews for the past cruise came from people who really found the rough seas to be taxing on their good spirits. The high seas may have also affected some of the crew.

But, it's 11 days of no work, sailing around the sunny caribbean so ENJOY YOURSELVES ;o)

My latest posting was targeted at you and your ex. I would love to hear from you at my yahoo address if you are interested in chatting. Thanks.

Carl

1male....I tried contacting your Yahoo address and was not successful. Only a week left! You can try contacting me at tpaprofguy@aol.com and put cuise in the title as I delete all mail I don't recognize. Rick and I would like to meet for a drink.

Will let you know Intrepid what our experience was like. Take my advice and don't read many of the responses here as there are a lot of negative ones that may taint your expectations. I think a cruise is what you make of it and I intend to make the best of it. Does not seem there are many other FOD on this cruise but there may be some who are not aware of this site...hopefully there will be FOD gatherings on the ship.

BTW...I miss the Norway too...not sure how to list all my cruises as I see others list on here but this will be my 13th cruise.

Thanks Ron!

I have been a member of Cruise Critic for quite some time and I know what to expect out of many people. I have read several bad reviews of the SPIRIT but, of course I will be going with an open mind and make my own decision (which will probably be positive - hey I even came back from a Carnival cruise with an over all positive impression). Just think, I may have never cruised the NORWAY had I listened to people here! ( I loved that ship! ).

As far as FOD on your trip, make sure if you dont see a meeting the first day or two, that you ask the cruise director to schedule one. When we went on the SKY in 03, we didnt have any idea if there was any FOD on board, but the second day there was a meeting scheduled and about 16 people showed up to that, and then we met several others that did not go.

I just found that Toronto Guy is an FOD and will be on our cruise, and we are going to try to meet up. I will also look for an FOD meeting to be scheduled... heck, I may even just ask the first day if they are planning to have one....

Best of luck with your trip... have a great time!

PS to Ron - you can list your cruises if you go to your "USER CP" up top in the menu bar and then click on Edit Signature. You can type in whatever you like there. Just be sure to preview it first!!! It took me several tries to straighten mine out!

~Intrepid <---- 'Ret ta go!!!

Archived