Which Skagway Excursion?

cruisecrazybmore

/

The dog sled ride is usually on a dirt trail not on the snow. I'm sure the kids will like it but it is not a true snow experience. I always use Chllkoot tours in Skagway for the 9 hr train/van ride. It is a wonderful train/museum/lunch and ride back to Skagway tour. And less money than the ships price. Plus there are a lot less people in the small vehicle they use than the ships transportation will have. Whatever you decide too do, you are in for a fabulous time in beautiful Alaska. And no, I do not work for Chilkoot.

Opinions on train first or van first? Looking at doing the 7.5 hour tour that includes museum, puppies and lunch!

Opinions on train first or van first? Looking at doing the 7.5 hour tour that includes museum, puppies and lunch!

I have always done the train first. Set on the left side of train so you can look and see out the window. You can also step outside and take pictures, but be careful. The views are stunning. If you do the train last set on the right side of the train. I'm sure you are going to have a great time on this tour. I have taken it 3 times and I have enjoyed it each time. Make sure you have a print out of your confirmation for the tour. Have fun.