Costa Maya - No Excursion Necessary?

Brandywine_101

I've been researching things to do in CM and from what I've read there's a free beach and pool with swim up bar. I'm wondering if it's even necessary to pay for an excursion? I'd love to see some of the ruins but I have MS and walking distances/stairs is not an option. Does anyone know of a bus guided tour? Or perhaps a glass bottom boat tour (I haven't been able to find one)... something with low impact level.

Thanks!

There is an excursion to the ruins via a bus but once you are there, there's a lot of walking and stairs. There's a nice pool right off the dock with plenty of places to eat and enjoy a beverage and of course little shops everywhere. The last time we were there we rented golf carts and headed down the beach to the little town. Then on our way back, stopped and enjoyed a nice lunch. Beautiful clear water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much were the golf cart rentals and where do you get them? We will be there in May and wasn't sure what to do at this port but it seems like there is

a lot to do around port without an excursion.

Tequila Beach Tours has 4 passenger carts for $75, a $10 deposit will secure your rental.