CB Cabin L308 - Lido deck -Good or Bad?? Noisy??

sunnylin

Hi -

We were booked for a guarantee BE Balcony Cabin or better, so yesterday I went on to check the status in the cruise personalizer our room had been booked. When I first got the news of this BA Cabin I was really happy !!! But...now I am wondering if this is good or not. I have NEVER cruised before so I have nothing to compare it to.

From the diagram on Princess.com it looks like the room is right across from the elevators, but I could be mistaken. Anyone ever stay in this room?

My TA says that this is great and many people specifically request these rooms for convenience - I do like the idea of being on the same deck as the pools and Horizon Court - Of course there really isn't much I can do about it now - but just looking for opinions and hopefully can plan for the best.

What do you all think?? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

linda

We stayed in the same cabin on the Grand and LOVED it. Never heard a sound. In fact when I took video of our cruise I made sure to document how cool it was that we opened our door, walked a few steps and bam! there was paradise. You'll love it!!

Sunnylin,

We were in L306 (right nextdoor to your stateroom) and thought there was a lot of foot traffic. Passengers exited elevators/stairs, turned the corner right in front of our stateroom, and headed toward the double doors that take them to Lido deck. We didn't necessarily hear footsteps, but we could hear voices.

There is also a service elevator just across the hall (behind passenger elevators), and that area was very congested and noisy during embarkation while luggage is being delivered, and on the final night of the cruise when bags were being removed.

We are going back on the CB in January and declined any type of upgrade. We will be in B710, which is the location that we had originally booked for our 1/05 cruise.

I'm sure you will love the CB. Bon Voyage!

Chris

Archived