Cheers "break even" point

sapete

Thanks for all the info guys. Wastrying to decide on whether to get the Cheers for our 8 day cruise in August with 3 ports of call, and I think I'm just going to get it from us before we sail. We can do 3-4+ drinks a day on a normal cruise, and with this being our Annual F&F, I know we'll each be at least that number, maybe double. I'm glad to know you can get specialty drinks such as milkshakes and coffee, and coffee with a little extra in it.

K

Trying to convince DH to get the CHEERS for us because I KNOW we will break even. We easily drink 6 each per day. EASILY.:o:o

He thinks because we have 4 ports on an 8 night cruise, we night not break even.

The cost of Cheers for our sailing, for the 2 of us, would be $900 +/-.

We'll hit it.

We usually have 900-1000 bar tab........

We'll see what he decides..

Forgiveness is better than permission...just order it.

If you are going to drink then I would assume that you will most likely drink more than one a day??? In my opinion..Cheers is worth it and I do not concern myself with breaking even!!! Not having to keep a mental bar tab is worth it's weight in gold!!!!

This!!!!! I so agree. I am one who stresses about what I am spending so this makes it non-stressful. Plus it includes so much more than alcohol. I love the specialty coffees and sodas, as well as water, and juices. Totally worth it to me.

I think a better way to determine the break-even point is to look at total drinks for a cruise, e.g. if you are on a 8 day cruise with your spouse, the two of you would need to drink 80 drinks (8 x 2 x 5) to break even.

Calculating the "per-day" numbers glosses over the days when you leave the ship at eight and get back at six, and the requirement of both adults in a cabin purchasing Cheers.

Good thought, but that 6PM back on board still wouldn't pose a challenge for me getting to break even on a daily basis

It is not just cocktails at 7-10 bucks a pop but also coffees, milkshakes, bottles of water, soda, vitamin drinks, etc. If you enjoy any of these other items the cost can add up quickly.

This is correct. For us it is not a question of whether or not to buy Cheers, it is a question of Cheers or the soda package. That brings the real cost to me of Cheers to 43.45 a day before gratuity.