FREEDOM ....Disapointment Jan 7, 2017

If they're being geared more and more towards families, would that not mean less and less alcohol being consumed (i sure as heck hope these parents cruising with kids aren't getting sloshed every day..?!), and furthermore, even if the packages are mainly for the kids, that begs the q - are ALL these parents really giving their kids THAT much sugary juice and pop every day? Seriously?? :(

Are you kidding? Kids are why we drink. I'll assume you're not a parent.

No drinks: Stop that!

2 drinks: Hahaha

4 drinks: I want a turn!

And as for soda, we do let the kids drink it every day on a cruise. Considering that they have spent 28 days total on cruises, which for my 14 yo is 0.54% of his life, it should be ok I think.

Are you kidding? Kids are why we drink. I'll assume you're not a parent.

No drinks: Stop that!

2 drinks: Hahaha

4 drinks: I want a turn!

And as for soda, we do let the kids drink it every day on a cruise. Considering that they have spent 28 days total on cruises, which for my 14 yo is 0.54% of his life, it should be ok I think.

You "assume" wrong. Though my parenting style will likely change once my 2.5 yr old is a teenager. Not quite the same sitch. With a toddler running around there is no way I want my faculties/reflexes impaired - even a tiny bit. :p

I

1. Room steward (superior balcony) was very late cleaning our room during the day. One day she didn't clean our room because she had training in the morning

3. I booked Chops online before the cruise and then verified the day before while on the ship, when we arrived at restaurant the day of reservation there was no reservation and the restaurant was full

Uhhh... i'm sorry, whaaaat?

Please PLEASE tell me they sent someone else to clean your room immediately (unless it was 10 pm by the time you noticed or something..?), and what did they offer you to make up for their colossal ****-up re: the Chops reservation???

Now i'm paranoid. It never occurred to me that I could make a reservation online for specialty dining, then show up on the evening of, nursery arranged and dressed in our Sunday best, only to have the head waiter go "Ooopsies, you're not in the system!". :mad::mad:

I was on the same cruise and I must express some disappointment as well. Not only were we disrupted by the FLL incident and the weather causing us to miss a port of call but I had the following

2. Fridge in room is no longer stocked,you need to request the items you want and then they will stock.

These things will not deter me to not go on RCCL again but I must admit I was a bit disappointed.

Sorry about your other issues. I don't think Royal or any other cruise line was to blame for the Terrorist attack at FLL.

As far as your Mini Bar goes, Royal has a crew that does nothing but stock them. We email the Concierge prior to our cruise. Ours is stocked with our selections prior to the cruise. Is there not an email for the Mini Bar Crew? Maybe ASK BOB would know.

Edited by troykahack

As far as your Mini Bar goes, Royal has a crew that does nothing but stock them. We email the Concierge prior to our cruise. Ours is stocked with our selections prior to the cruise. Is there not an email for the Mini Bar Crew? Maybe ASK BOB would know.

Would that be the same email address that I could ask for the mini bar to be emptied before we board?

Do the Mini Bars on the ships follow the new trend at some hotels where its a weight distribution thing, meaning even if you pick up the item you buy it? If so I need to have mine emptied too or my 6 year old will cost me a fortune lol......