Carnival Internet and HUB app question

Persecutor

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride and I have a couple of questions about the internet and the Carnival HUB app.

• If you purchase an internet package, it says that you can use the internet (such as the social media package) on one device at a time. Does that mean you have to somehow deactivate it on one device to use it on another? For example, if I want to use it on my phone during the day, and tablet at night, what steps need to be taken?

• I see that Carnival offers text chat for $5 for the entire voyage via the Carnival HUB app. Is it reliable and is it $5 per device, or $5 per cabin? So if my wife and I want to explore different parts of the ship and message each other, can that be done with the single $5 fee?

Thank you.

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride and I have a couple of questions about the internet and the Carnival HUB app.

•  
  • If you purchase an internet package, it says that you can use the internet (such as the social media package) on one device at a time. Does that mean you have to somehow deactivate it on one device to use it on another? For example, if I want to use it on my phone during the day, and tablet at night, what steps need to be taken?

• I see that Carnival offers text chat for $5 for the entire voyage via the Carnival HUB app. Is it reliable and is it $5 per device, or $5 per cabin? So if my wife and I want to explore different parts of the ship and message each other, can that be done with the single $5 fee?

Thank you.

Yes you can switch between devices if you purchase an internet plan.

The hub app chat feature is $5 pp for the whole cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can switch between devices if you purchase an internet plan.

The hub app chat feature is $5 pp for the whole cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Do you know how the hub chat feature works? Do you create a user name so others know it's you, or does it say like 'Guest 1 Room 7212' etc..

You can switch between devices on the internet plan. You do have to log out on your phone, then log back in on your tablet.

using the Hub app - once you are on board and tell the Hub app to log you in, you go under chat to activate it (and pay $5), and it will give you a 4-digit number. That is your chat ID#. You can then share it with folks

Hello,

Thank you.

If you try to log in on one device while the other is logged in to the ship's wifi, you'll be prompted to log off the first device...or it will log you off...not sure which it was as my memory really sucks sometimes. Either way, no big deal. Just log in to the wifi on the device you want to use now.

We sailed on the Valor in September and purchased the text feature. It worked so well that after two days, I had them refund the $5 to our S&S cards. About half the time one of us would not receive the text the other sent. They let us keep the feature for the duration of the cruise, though. For us, it was a fail. This was just our experience...others may have had better experiences with it.