Thomson Celebration

Am a newbie on here and have just booked my 1st cruise with Thomson (sailed P&O before) doing the Continental Coast trip for 7 days on April 30th. Although I'm looking forward to getting away I'm a little apprehensive as I've read mixed reviews on this line. Does anyone have experience of this.

Thank you for reading

I was a little doubtful about my first trip on a Thomson but was pleasantly surprised. Their ships are very different from the recent additions to P and O but have more in common with Aurora or Arcadia. In fact prior to coming to Thompson the Celebration was in the Holland America fleet.

I'd say the Celebration will appeal more to those wanting a traditional cruise ship than those wanting a floating theme park. I don't think it has a speciality Restaurant other than a barbecue grill. So far as the main Dining Room is concerned I'd say started and main courses are better on Thomson while desserts are better on P and O. Staterooms are much the same but there are very few balconies on Thomson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebration in October was our first ever cruise and we enjoyed it despite unluckily getting a bout each of norovIrus. Dwarfed by most of the other cruise liners but has the real feel of a proper ship. We ate in the dining room most of the time - the doctor told us to avoid self service Lido restaurant - and food generally was satisfactory. Shared a table most nights and met some nice people. Unflashy but the staff are excellent apart from the reception desk.

Edited by dorothy09

We were on Celebration for the first time in July and thoroughly enjoyed her. Excellent food (we loved Mistrals) and really great staff. In fact, we are thinking of doing a Caribbean trip next winter on her. We've traveled with P&O and Cunard, and Celebration although very different, is just as good in many ways. She is an older ship and less glitzy but the atmosphere aboard more than makes up for that.

Got off the celebration 2 days ago, she is a great little ship! I have been on a massive one with all the bells and whistles and can't compare them, the celebration is what I call a proper cruise ship, you are closer to the water, can see it all the time, proper wooden decks, just wonderful! Enjoy