Staggered check in- Jacksonville

dna529

We are also on the January 23 sailing of the Elation and FINALLY got the email from Carnival today. Since John Heald posted the info about staggered check-in a week or two ago, I think Carnival is a little remiss about taking so long to inform us.

Two of us are platinum and we are in a suite so I know we will be able to enter the terminal earlier than our stated time (I was able to choose 1:00 as the earliest), but I am a little concerned about the late embarkation due to "loading of materials". Our flight arrives at 11:25 and I am sure many others are even earlier than that. Sure hope it isn't raining if we are standing outside!

You need to find out when the terminal actually opens....Weddings/Dia/Plats can enter first, but if the terminal doesn't OPEN until 1:00 pm, you cant expect to being allowed in at 11:00 am (I believe LB is set up that way)....Staggered Check-in is a GREAT idea, all Ports should go to it....it helps control the herd. No more stampedes at 10 am, it spreads out the crowds (y)

Check-in time is NOT the same as boarding time. Check-in is when you will be allowed into the terminal, THEN you proceed.

Arrive early, and you get to wait outside until slotted time. Hope it's not raining. Or 95 degrees.

A word of caution....There is NOTHING around the Jax terminal. Basically its a huge parking lot and the terminal, thats it. So its not like you can go exploring, unless you like exploring an asphalt parking lot. There also isnt alot of shade outside. so if its one of those hot summer Fla days, and you cant get into the terminal, you will be burning some gas sitting in your car with the AC on