Our Day in Costa Maya and Native Choice Tour

maldenmusic

My husband and I were on the Dream in December 2016 and docked at Costa Maya Dec. 22. We had reservations with Native Choice for the Chacchoben ruins. We exited the ship and found the pier to be rather long but we opted to walk instead of ride the trolley. We went right on through the terminal and out front to walk to NC. It was a little longer than we thought but one reason was that we took 3 sack fulls of school supplies to donate to NC for the local school. So carrying that plus our stuff for the day made it seem longer-at least that's my story. The NC staff were super friendly and met us with a cold bottle of water. We dropped off our supplies to be given to Ivan for the school then were directed to the bus which had good AC. David was our tour guide and he was very informative and told us about things we saw on the 40 minute drive to the ruins. The ruins were pretty crowded and it took a while to get through but we learned a lot. We had time to shop there afterward and I would recommend buying your souvenirs there rather than back at the port-better prices and quality. After the tour we were given the option to be dropped off at the pier or taken into Mahahual and we opted to go back to the pier to look around there. We tried to find sodas in cans to take back onto the ship and could only find bottles and of course, Carnival won't allow bottles so we just did without. The pier shops were pretty crowded and the vendors were all over you if you just stopped to look. Back on the ship when it got dark (this was a 12-8 stop) and we did enjoy seeing the pier lights and the lights of Mahahual as we left. I would recommend Native Choice if you are going to be there.

DSCN2167_zpsrzjnf1u8.jpg

DSCN2164_zpshg3hfnex.jpg

DSCN2158_zps9ptpx6jk.jpg

DSCN2157_zpsvfro8alv.jpg

DSCN2165_zpsxqrdxrgp.jpg

DSCN2166_zps2gz7fths.jpg

• 2 months later...

On April 1, 2017 our group of 6 traveled to Costa Maya on NCL Pearl. After reviewing the tours offered by other companies, we chose THE NATIVE CHOICE. It was a 15 minute walk from our ship to their office/pick up point (due to local port rules); but in the end it was WELL worth the hike....and after the tour they were allowed to drop us off very near our ship. Their price was great, the Ed and Ed team of driver and guide were excellent and we had a wonderful guided tour of the area as we drove to the Chacchoben Ruins. Our pre cruise communication was very excellent and our directions to their office was concise and easy to follow. The vehicle was new, clean, and cool!!! :) Bottled water was given (and greatly appreciated) during the tour! We could not have asked for a better tour guide....he gave us all the information that we could have wanted and answered all our questions thoroughly. It was a wonderful tour....I HIGHLY recommend!!

On April 1, 2017 our group of 6 traveled to Costa Maya on NCL Pearl. After reviewing the tours offered by other companies, we chose THE NATIVE CHOICE. It was a 15 minute walk from our ship to their office/pick up point (due to local port rules); but in the end it was WELL worth the hike....and after the tour they were allowed to drop us off very near our ship. Their price was great, the Ed and Ed team of driver and guide were excellent and we had a wonderful guided tour of the area as we drove to the Chacchoben Ruins. Our pre cruise communication was very excellent and our directions to their office was concise and easy to follow. The vehicle was new, clean, and cool!!! :) Bottled water was given (and greatly appreciated) during the tour! We could not have asked for a better tour guide....he gave us all the information that we could have wanted and answered all our questions thoroughly. It was a wonderful tour....I HIGHLY recommend!!

Thanks for your mini review. We are possibly looking into doing this on our upcoming cruise. Which ruins did you go to may I ask?