Minisuites

sweet_successes

Hi everone

Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits, advantages and perks to being in a minisute (eg complimentary predinner drinks etc)? My husband asked me last night and I didn't know. I rang P & O and they said no but I wanted to know from people who have cruised and stayed in minisuites before.

Cheers Rach

Hi Rach,

We are in a mini suite on Pacific Star sailing 18 Dec 2005 and I was told the same by P&O - no perks or priority boarding etc. Will let you know when we get back. I booked the suite to get private balcony but would be nice to get any little surprises.:)

We upgraded 1/2 way through our cruise last year on the Sky. We got free lanyards, free movies (on our cruise you had to pay for a tv card), bar fridge (regular cabins don't have one), bathrobes, priority tickets for tender boats.

There was also a folder/envelope which had all the port info sheets and a schedule of the theme nights and dinner themes. In regular cabins you only find this stuff out the day before. They don't advertise it.

We upgraded 1/2 way through our cruise last year on the Sky. We got free lanyards, free movies (on our cruise you had to pay for a tv card), bar fridge (regular cabins don't have one), bathrobes, priority tickets for tender boats.

There was also a folder/envelope which had all the port info sheets and a schedule of the theme nights and dinner themes. In regular cabins you only find this stuff out the day before. They don't advertise it.

:o Aussie, just curious, and hoping I'm not being too rude, but did it cost much to upgrade and who did you go to to upgrade? :o Thinking we might try this on our Asian cruise.

Not offended. It was $900 and that was for the final 5 nights of the 10 night cruise. We had the balcony for Noumea and Sailing home to Sydney. Was a bit of money but we loved it and it is much cheaper than the $14000 they just quoted us to change our booking now.

They advertised in the daily cruise paper saying they had spaces in suites and cabins for anyone who wished to upgrade or split their cabins. I think they advertised almost from day one but we didn't ask until 1/2 way through. The price may depend on popularity and what fare you paid originally because the guy looked up our details on the system and said that he couldn't tell what we paid so he would assume full price for the cabin grade we were in. I didn't tell him otherwise.

We are planning to do the same if the offer is available this time. I wonder if they give us a cheaper price each day we leave it.

Archived