Dream 5 May 16 Aegean Meze

Last May on Dream we were supposed to land in Ag Nik. Unfortunately we sailed straight past as it was too windy to dock safely. Fortunately the captain managed to secure a place in Heraklion so we sailed there and were assisted by tugs. The people that had booked Thomson trips were first off and the buses had all driven from Ag Nik to Heraklion and were waiting to take the trips. Anyone who booked private trips would have had a problem. Had land holidays in Crete in May a couple of times before, it has always been windy so not sure if this happens often.

I doubt if you can visit Spinalonga and Knosses on the same day as it would be too rushed. Have a great cruise!

6 friends wondering whether to book Thomson excursions or find our own way. On Crete would it be possible to visit Spinalonga and Knossos?

We are on this cruise too :) and it is our first. As a newbie, I am a little worried about 'doing our own thing'. Also, has anyone heard yet if Kusadasi will be taken off of the itinerary? I hope not but think it is likely. Thanks in advance.

If it's your first time, IMO, it's best to go on the ships excursions you can book them online and if they are changed you receive your costs back, also cheaper online than on the ship and if you change your mind once on the ship and give them 24hrs notice they will refund😁 and the ship will not sail without you.

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app