Bidding for NCL Escape Success?

flgirl1087

New to this bidding thing. We placed our bids for our sailing in Feb for ocean and balcony. Saw the balcony price dropped. It'll be $300 for us to upgrade from interior to the balcony. We bid $200 for the balcony. anyone have success with getting a "lower" bid accepted? When do they notify you? Or should I go ahead and call and upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

New to this bidding thing. We placed our bids for our sailing in Feb for ocean and balcony. Saw the balcony price dropped. It'll be $300 for us to upgrade from interior to the balcony. We bid $200 for the balcony. anyone have success with getting a "lower" bid accepted? When do they notify you? Or should I go ahead and call and upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will be interesting to see what you find out when you call the upsell dept. I was under the impression that you could no longer upsell since the "upgrade advantage" system started on that ship. I would prefer to be proven wrong.

Edited by norway olin

It will be interesting to see what you find out when you call the upsell dept. I was under the impression that you could no longer upsell since the "upgrade advantage" system started on that ship. I would prefer to be proven wrong.

She would not be dealing with the upsale department at all. There are two options under the Upgrade Advantage program:

1. Use the program to place a bid on the category of your choice. You will keep your existing promotions and potentially save on the cost of the upgrade, but it's possible you will miss out and be left in your original stateroom.

2. Bypass the program by paying the difference in advertised rates for a confirmed upgrade to a higher category stateroom. You will get whatever promotions are available with the higher category (or potentially lose them if you are going to a guarantee), but will potentially be paying more than you could under the bidding system.

Which option works best for you depends on how much you originally paid, what promotions you stand to gain or lose, and what level of certainty you want to be upgraded with.