Equinox, april24th

george35

We will be on the Equinox April, 24th for the JAZZ FESTIVAL. Never been in N.O. before & I would like to know about walking around N.O.

1. How far from Bourbon Street does the ship dock, we will be 3 days in N.O.

2. Is the area safe around where the ship docks?

3. Do not plan to go to Jazz Festival & would just like to visit N.O. & walk around. Can I do this from where the ship docks or do I need to call a cab & pick us up at the pier??

4. Wifes question, at night when we want to come back to the ship to be on the safe side should we get a cab or are we just to parinoid? I am 82 & my wife is 77 & as she she said " we are prime for the picking "

Any advise will be welcome.

george35

PS Am I being too scared??

Hi George,

There is a roll call for all of those going on our April 24th Jazz Festival cruise. I'm going to try to post the link for you:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52064939#post52064939

If this doesn't work, you can go to Roll Calls for Celebrity Equinox and look for the date. Unfortunately, I am unable to answer your questions from experience because this will be our first time in NOLA.

What we have learned so far...

The easiest way to get around is to buy a $3 per day Jazzy Pass which allows you unlimited travel on the tram/trolley. We plan to do that because we can hop on right at the cruise terminal and it takes people to Canal St. a short distance and then change to another to Bourbon St. Easy. We do not plan to go to festival but would like to see the sites and the easiest is the Jazzy Pass. Here is a link to some info including pass and map: http://www.norta.com

Hope this helps. PS...we are not planning to be out after dark but enjoy the ship and shows.

Bon Voyage

Edited by ME Guide