I am really scared

happytrish40

I'm going to make two somewhat contradictory comments:

1. If you read enough reviews, you're going to find some negatives. Some people just cannot be made happy, and many people are quick to complain about bad things yet are slow to share good things.

My personal opinion on how to decide whether a reviewer is just whining or has a real complaint: Details. If someone says, I hated all the food; it was just nasty ... I don't listen. However, if someone gives details and says, I was disappointed in the breakfast foods because they sat in a heating tray too long and were dry; this was particularly true of pancakes; however, good fresh fruit was always available ... I tend to think that person has really analyzed the situation and is giving real advice.

2. I'm not clear on whether you've cruised before or not.

If this is your first cruise, jumping right into a 14-day experience might not be the best of ideas. After all, if it's your first cruise, you don't know whether you're going to be seasick or not; and although most people enjoy cruises, it's not a universal truth.

We opted to go on a 4-day Disney cruise for our first cruise experience. While we loved it, we learned some things about how to pack, how to manage excursions ... in short, just "how to cruise". We all left knowing that we DID enjoy cruising, and we would not opt for another 4-day today ... but we don't regret having made that choice first.

And, in closing, I'll just say that anyone who suggests that a person who isn't able bodied is in any way a nuisance (or whatever) is just a jerk. Ignore them.

You are very fortunate to have husband that thought enough of you take you on this cruise. find a way to thank him. Perhaps you could arrange for a spa day on board the ship. Plan a romantic dinner etc. listen to everyone's advice you will be fine . I'm a single mom going on a Alaskan cruise this summer with my mom. I look at it as I get to be a princess for a week. If something is not to your liking meal wise just let the waiter know I'm sure they will make it right. Best of all be greatful and relax for you are very fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums