Cruise over the Halloween Holiday?

jpuglvr

Am I correct in the thought that I will need to gather pirate costumes and another costume for each of us since we will be on the ship over the actual Halloween holiday (which is also my son's fifth birthday!)? Can you tell I am so excited for the little guy to turn five on Halloween on a boat with Mickey!

No, there is no need for any guest to wear a costume on any cruise if they choose not to do so. We've done many Pirate Nights with minimal or no costumes; on other cruises we've done some simple pirate t-shirts. Only once did my daughter really dress up for Pirate night.

Same for Halloween--you can participate in each and every event with or without a costume. Your choice. If you do choose a costume, it can be as simple or elaborate as you desire.

Edited by moki'smommy

We used our pirate outfit for our Halloween costume... I have a review with pics in my signature. Like Moki said, though, it's all in what you choose to do - it's YOUR vacation after all!

We didn't feel any pressure...

Edited by davidmbfonz

Am I correct in the thought that I will need to gather pirate costumes and another costume for each of us since we will be on the ship over the actual Halloween holiday (which is also my son's fifth birthday!)? Can you tell I am so excited for the little guy to turn five on Halloween on a boat with Mickey!

Hi there,

One of our editors joined a Halloween on the High Seas sailing last year and detailed everything you need to know in our article.

Happy birthday to your son -- have a blast!

Best,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Many people do bring 2 costumes. I didn't dress up for either myself. Those who did fully dress up for both events looked like they were having a great time. If you enjoy playing dress up, it's a good cruise for that.