Constellation-gty balc vs. assigned cc

clarku

:confused: I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.... I have a conc. cabin (rear portside) assigned for 2/11 on Constellation and now just noticed they're offering gty balc for over 1k less than what I'm paying. When we booked the diff between cc and the cheapest balc was only 150pp. Would you recommend switching to gty balc and using the the savings towards the extras? Is cc really worth it? Not sure what to do.....

In my opinion, the difference in cabins and service is not worth $1,000 with one exception. We like a few specific cabins so much we would consider the location, larger cabin and services to be worth quite a bit more.

The CC perks are OK, but not fantastic. If you are not Select or Elite Captain's Club members, the priority boarding/debarkation is a good plus, but most of the other in-cabin perks are nice but not really necessary. The CC cabins are a little (about 20 square feet) larger and that, too, is noticeable and pretty nice, but not necessary to have a good cruise.

So unless the cabin you have offers the location you really want, I'd save the money.

We were upgraded with the same gty savings and at the last minute we were upgraded again to the CC class stateroom at no extra charge 3 weeks prior to sailing.Save the money.The perks are nice but not nessesary.We coiuld have roughed it with a plain old veranda cabin.John

:confused: I've got a very similar quandry. We've booked a category 6 outside cabin right off the main lobby for both weeks of a b/2/b, and now see that a balcony guarantee for the second week (Feb 11) is $40pp less than our cat 6 outside. The only drawback would be having to change cabins between cruises. Trying to decide if it's worth packing and unpacking just to save $80 and move up to a balcony.

Usha, My feeling is no. On the Century they had a bingo game to win a suite for the cruise we were on. My response was who would want to pack. Too much hassle to pack and move. Adds unneeded stress to the cruise.

But seeing you booked a cat 6 gty for your original booking, there does seem as if there is a chance you could have two different cabin cat 6. So if you are unassigned for your cat 6 gtys, I'd consider it.

I went ahead and changed from the cc to a balc gty and ended up saving eleven hundred. I figure that I can splurge on lots of other things and still come out ahead. Thanks everyone for your input, it's appreciated!

I just got my docs for the 12/10 Constellation, booked a GTY 2C balcony, and they put is RIGHT by the stairs/elevators! I am concerned it will be noisy, I'm a very light sleeper; any suggestions on options? I would rather be all the way fore or aft instead!

What deck are you on? Is it to forward, midships or aft elevator stairs you will be near? I'm not sure if you'll have much leeway to change now that the cabin has been assigned. I've read other people's posts saying they were right at the elevator and were not bothered by noise. Any others?

Archived