navigator embarkation?

lilli

Anyone with any recent info on boarding for navigator? We sail on11/19 and wondering what time to get to the port. I have seen lots of posts in sept and oct about delays boarding--wondering if this is still the case! thanks, lilli

We were on the Navigator 10/8/05. Boarding didn't start until 1:00pm. People were all over the place and it was crazy. Guess there was a security problem that day. Getting off was just as bad it took over an hour to get off! There is really no way to know what may happen on your cruise.

We do--we have a 11 year old girl and 13 year old boy. My 10 year old niece will be with us as well. We're all pretty excited andlooking forward to it--do your kids plan on participating in the adventure ocean stuff? lilli

We do--we have a 11 year old girl and 13 year old boy. My 10 year old niece will be with us as well. We're all pretty excited andlooking forward to it--do your kids plan on participating in the adventure ocean stuff? lilli

lilli-not sure if they will do adventure ocean or not. We have been on 3 Disney cruises and they usually aren't that in to it. I'm sure they will check it out. We are excited too! I'm anxious to see how it compares with Disney. We love the Disney cruises! My 13 yr old is into sports, my daughter is a girly girl.

We went on disney once also, but went on explorer last a few years back. My kids did not do much with the kid's programs on either ship but I think the 13 year old will like the teen area more this time--he is intrigued by the opposite sex. He is into music, guitar and sports and my daughter is even more into sports--she is a soccer nut. we live in KC, MO--where are you guys from? lilli

Yes--I love the cruise life too! We all enjoyed the explorer--the kids liked it better than disney. It is not quite as polished and fancy and I would say the service not quite as good, but for our crew it was a good fit. My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and our whole gang--my sisters and their kids--are heading out for thanksgiving. My husband and I liked RCCL because there was more adult stuff--my husband is not a big fan of disney so he could do without all the mickey stuff! did you sign up for the cruise critic thing? lilli

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, it's been a busy day. We leave friday night so I've been running around getting all the last minute stuff one seems to need. That's so nice that you and your family will be celebrating your parent's 50th anniversary. I'm not sure what you mean, did I sign up for the cruise critic thing?

Lori

Anyone with any recent info on boarding for navigator? We sail on11/19 and wondering what time to get to the port. I have seen lots of posts in sept and oct about delays boarding--wondering if this is still the case! thanks, lilli
It was march of 2003 so maybe things have changed but when we sailed on the Nav. out of Miami we took the RCI bus from our hotel. Arrived at the terminal with dozens of other buses. It was a madhouse. Took almost 3 hrs to board the ship. (maybe due to 9/11 jitters?). If I did it again, I would just take a taxi and arrive VERY early to beat the "swarm" Hope my input helps!

Lilli-My DH & I were on the NOS in September. We arrived at the port around 11:40 and actually entered into the building around noon (after leaving luggage w/porter). We ended up boarding the ship around 1:15pm. Lines were fairly reasonable length...however, it appeared that many people did not have all their documents, etc. ready prior to getting to check-in desk. It took my DH & I about 5 minutes (if that) to get our Seapass cards and off we go to get on ship. If all passengers would be prepared (with ALL appropriate documents-)lines would move much quicker. I believe that day, the ship starting the boarding process around 11:30am.

It was pretty much the same thing on deembarkation. We were about 1.5 hours later than what RCCL said we would be getting off the ship. Customs stated it was due to all the non-US citizens that had to clear thru customs. Almost 1/2 the ship was non-US so they ended up making a non-US and a US line for customs. We still made our 1:45pm flight w/plenty of time to spare.

love 2cruise girl--so what luggage tag did you have getting off the ship? I always fudge and put my return flight earlier so I can get off quicker because I have gotten burned in the past. Do you think getting there about 1200 is good for boarding?

lnot--I have not even checked onthe meet and mingle--just toomuch stuff! are you guys doing many planned excursions? lilli

lilli-we only have 1 excursion booked-Atlantis Submarine in St. Thomas. My husband and son want to do the treetop adventure on St. Maarten but I could not book online. I've heard they leave some openings for when people get on the ship so I'm hoping to book that. My son and I did a similar trip this past summer in Puerta Vallerta and it was fantastic! I did register all 4 of us for the Meet and Mingle. It is on Sunday at 11:30am I believe. I'm concerned about our flight with Delta friday night. I hope we don't run into any problems. The excitement is building!:D

lori

I will be interested to see how the boarding times are going as of late. Last December on the Navigator, boarding did not start until 12:30 on the day that we embarked. The ship was late in clearing customs. I will be on it three weeks from today.

Our NOS cruise June 4-11 was already boarding when we arrived at noon, only took about 20 minutes to get from the curb to our room. Disembarking was also a breeze, we were in the first group (white) and we were called before we even sat down to breakfast (6:45am). We stayed for breakfast anyway. ;)

LNOTcruisers & Lilli,

We'll be joining you as well and will have our 10 year old daughter and 13 year old son. Glad to hear there will be at least a few kids their age on board. Several years back we cruised on the Disney Magic and enjoyed it, but this will be our biggest ship to date.

Curious to see if it's as kid friendly as stated -- certainly read a number of posts that doing things like climbing rock wall, skating (in-line & ice) are a challenge to get kids into. Hoping that's not the case.

Would love to introduce kids to each other. On a ship this big, not sure we'll get to meet everyone. Sort of like sailing a big city!

sjccruiser and lnot--that is coolthat yourkids are aound the same age! We are excited too. We went on explorer ofthe seas a couple years ago and the kids loved it. We are only set to do one excursion in nassau since time is so short there. a snorkeling thing. I think we are doing the beach thing in st thomas and st marten. we found the rock wall and skating to be a bit competitive onthe explorer--had to plan ahead. where are you guys from sjc? Is your son interested inthe kids program/teen thing? We are flying down to FLL fri afternoon so I amhoping for a calm start of the vacation. are you having problems with your flight, lnot? lilli

Archived