Oceana Worry

holidaylover10

Well thank you all, I have decided to book the cruise:)

Sooooo pleased.

Enjoy :)

Just go and think 20 yr old beauty and you'll be fine.

She isn't perfect, but have yet to sail on a ship that is.

We're taking family on their first cruise in April .. wish we were going this April

Any questions please ask.

What sort of cabin have you picked?

I'm sat on my balcony on Oceana right now moored in Miami. The ship is in a fine state of decoration with ongoing planned repainting now on deck 14. Food in Freedom has been good with menus updated since last year. Some things are looking very worn and well used, the fittings and furnishings in Explorers bar for instance. The crew have, again, been friendly and very caring. The Captain - a very competent seaman but otherwise perhaps an acquired taste. The biggest issue, for some, is that a stabiliser has been broken for the past 3 weeks. Engineers and parts have been flown out to join us but we wait a further part being, allegedly made in Italy as I write. For me I miss the Crows Nest and Andersons; but I knew what I was booking and have got it. Ah well - 1702hrs local and time for a shower and pre dinner drinks. Life's a bitch...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sat on my balcony on Oceana right now moored in Miami. The ship is in a fine state of decoration with ongoing planned repainting now on deck 14. Food in Freedom has been good with menus updated since last year. Some things are looking very worn and well used, the fittings and furnishings in Explorers bar for instance. The crew have, again, been friendly and very caring. The Captain - a very competent seaman but otherwise perhaps an acquired taste. The biggest issue, for some, is that a stabiliser has been broken for the past 3 weeks. Engineers and parts have been flown out to join us but we wait a further part being, allegedly made in Italy as I write. For me I miss the Crows Nest and Andersons; but I knew what I was booking and have got it. Ah well - 1702hrs local and time for a shower and pre dinner drinks. Life's a bitch...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Must be terrible for you ......... so sorry ...;) Enjoy

Hi Presto, We usually book a balcony but are thinking of a inside this time. The itinerary is port intensive so will be off ship most days. Also have had skin cancer so can't sit in the sun for long periods. Thought we would save the extra to spend on trips.

Has anybody got any ideas for a good inside cabin? Was looking at deck B as there are cabins above and below so may be quieter, but any suggestions welcome.

Hi Presto, We usually book a balcony but are thinking of a inside this time. The itinerary is port intensive so will be off ship most days. Also have had skin cancer so can't sit in the sun for long periods. Thought we would save the extra to spend on trips.

Has anybody got any ideas for a good inside cabin? Was looking at deck B as there are cabins above and below so may be quieter, but any suggestions welcome.

We have had balcony cabins A318 and A321 and it is a really quiet area. There are inside cabins opposite these and they seemed ok but quite small and personally I couldn't stay in them. I need at least a window. Each to their own though and if you are happy inside then it is a good location