Playa Del Carmen

lilbit

I hope this doesn't end up being a duplicate post. I submitted it earlier and I don't see it on the boards.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Play Del Carmen and could answer several (sorry) questions for me. Sun 11/27 - doubt its going there but if it does, is it worth getting off the ship and walking around town and taking the ferry to Cozumel? Can you even do that if your not on a tour? Also, do you know how much the ferry is?

Thanks for your help!

Guest BeckyThane
is it worth getting off the ship and walking around town and taking the ferry to Cozumel? Can you even do that if your not on a tour? Also, do you know how much the ferry is?

DH and I spent a week in Playa del Carmen last year, and fell in love with it! They've got some great shopping up and down the main drag, with shops down side streets as well. If you're interested in buying local wares, couldn't be better than Playa! We docked at Cozumel this year, and the mish-mash of "duty free" stuff I could get at any port in the Caribbean left me wishing I was back at Playa.

I don't know if you'll have the time to take the ferry to Cozumel -- I think it runs only every hour. You might also want to check around to see just how much of it is up and running. Seems to me you might be better off enjoying Playa.

Happy Cruising!

~ Becky

Here is the ferry schedule-

From Playa to Cozumel

7 9 11 1 3 5 7 9

From Coz to Playa

6 8 10 12 2 4 6 8

The cost is $110 pesos or about $11 u.s. one way.

You can come across...just like a regular tourist or local.

Archived