Lobster on a 5 night cruise

weazie

We will be on the Grandeur in March for a 5 night cruise. Does anyone know if they serve lobster on a 5 night cruise? We were on a 4 night cruise back in 2003 and we did not have lobster on that one.

I certainly HOPE they have Lobster... I'm on Grandeur in March as well!

Are you on Mar 6? There's a roll call thread for that cruise (see link in my signature) There isn't a lot of activity on the roll call thread, but it should pick up before the cruise.

I'd be interested from others that have been on "5 nighters" if there's lobster.

We were on a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Empress in May and had lobster. However on our 5 night cruise to Bermuda (Voyager) last week, we did not have lobster and when we asked were told that lobster is no longer served on 5 night cruises :>( I'm not sure when the policy changed.

We were on a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Empress in May and had lobster. However on our 5 night cruise to Bermuda (Voyager) last week, we did not have lobster and when we asked were told that lobster is no longer served on 5 night cruises :>( I'm not sure when the policy changed.

This is very dissapointing news since I will be on the Voyager on sunday :(

We were on Empress in May on a 5 night and had lobster! I will be so disappointed if they no longer have it on 5 nights since we are booked for a 5 night on the Enchantment. :( Maybe we need to start comparing menus on different lines when choosing our cruise!

I would have to assume something as small as menu items could vary between ships in the RCI line if not on a single ship even. At least from the contradicting posts here it looks that way. Caribbean night is my favorite for dining, love that lobster, though it actually was rather bland and rubbery last cruise. Going on a 5 day in February on the Grandeur, hopefully we'll have lobster.

Just in case, I sent a note to the C&A E-Mail. It may go directly to a dead letter bin, but I noted that it was discussed on message boards lobster might not be served. I said that I would be disappointed if there wasn't a "Lobster Night".

One E-Mail won't make a difference but the more they get the more they might listen.

Actually, the menus vary very little (or not at all) from ship to ship on RCI. They must make menu/purchasing decisions, then implement them fleetwide. For instance, I KNOW they will offer Tuscan tomato soup on the first night, and lobster the 2nd formal night, just like on every other RCI 7 night cruise. The lunch menu, fleetwide, is the same every day (with the exception of one or two specials and the pasta bar) on every ship.

Probably easier to plan and purchase that way, but I do get a little tired of the same items sometimes. (And believe me, I know just how obnoxious that sounds!) Aaaaaag!

We will be on the Grandeur in March for a 5 night cruise. Does anyone know if they serve lobster on a 5 night cruise? We were on a 4 night cruise back in 2003 and we did not have lobster on that one.

weazie; I know I asked before but not sure if I got an answer.

You mention the GRANDEUR in March, but your countdown is like 2 days earlier than mine (I'm on Grandeur starting March 6th). Are you on the Mar 6-11 Cruise on Grandeur? With the clocks that close I was confused (but then again I'm pretty used to being confused)

Orange,

No, my mistake. We originally were going to be on the Grandeur leaving on March 25th, but now we had to switch to the Enchantment leaving on March 27th. Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure how to program my clock.

Weazie

• 3 weeks later...
Just in case, I sent a note to the C&A E-Mail. It may go directly to a dead letter bin, but I noted that it was discussed on message boards lobster might not be served. I said that I would be disappointed if there wasn't a "Lobster Night".

One E-Mail won't make a difference but the more they get the more they might listen.

Well... I got a reply from my E-Mail to C&A. They confirm there is no lobster served on a 5 night cruise anymore.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to advise you that lobster is no longer served on five night cruise. Mr. XXXXXXX, we apologize for any disappointment this may cause you and your wife. Nonetheless, we look forward to welcoming you onboard the Grandeur of the Seas.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative

I am disappointed, but I'm sure I'll be able to still gain a few pounds. And I'll still have a good time. I will need to remember to put it on my comment card at the end of the cruise.

We are going on the Enchantment next week, I will let you know when I get back about the Lobster(I hope we have it).

Maybe its just the Grandeur that isnt doing lobster?

Got 6 inches of snow here in Iowa yesterday, am ready for 85 degree temps.

We cruised Enchantment last week on a 5 nighter and had lobster on Thursday night (4th night).
I was on the Enchantment last week (5 night) and we had lobster tail(s) and shrimp on Wednesday I believe (we had turkey on Thursday for Thanksgiving and we ate in Chops on Friday). I "managed" a couple of lobster tails!

Archived