Passport Question

Nadersmom

After taking a couple years off, we are cruising this July.

Our sister in law will be coming with us this year but she's not cruised since 2012. During her first cruise her last name was ....we'll say "Smith". ;) Since then, she has remarried and her last name is "Johnson"

Now her passport still shows "Smith". I was under the impression that she would need to get her passport updated before cruising. However, when I spoke with Carnival, they still have her under "Smith" from 2012. Sooooooo.....the person I spoke with said that her passport is still "valid" if it hasn't expired. They said that as long as she books this cruise under the name "Smith", her passport will be find in its current state.

Sounds logical to me. But I want to be sure that no issues could arise with this. I mean, she'll be using her passport as her only form of ID so........are we good? :confused:

Any and all help is most appreciated

Thanks

Just make sure if she booked airfare under her new name that she has her DL with that matches her airline ticket.

She could also use her old name and use her passport for ID. This would be especially pertinent if she booked airfare through Carnival.

She could also use her old name and use her passport for ID. This would be especially pertinent if she booked airfare through Carnival.

Yes that's what I said. I was just reminding them that if she happened to have booked separate airfare under her new name, that she would need to bring ID to match. They will already be bringing their Passport with her old name for the cruise, however, that wouldn't work if she booked her airline tickets using her new name.