You know you've been spending too much time on the boards when...

Maryfrei

We're doing the one night Spirit Dinner Dance on the 18th. Our third cruise. Of course, I'm spending as much time as possible milking all the wonderful tidbits from the boards. But, I had to wonder if I was over doing when I got this email from my DH...

"BTW, I know you're probably on the Norwegian Bulletin Board now, and I'm not going out to dinner with "the Shore Guy"........"

PS: Thanks for all the tips Shoreguy:);):)

When you hit the refresh key every 10 seconds

When you wake up in the middle of the night to check new posts

When it is an hour after you said "Just a minute honey"

When you say in an argument "Well on CC they said"

When you start LOL at work or at home and everyone KNOWS why.

when I post to my classic car forum (which is basically in the same format) about the changing of the itinerary for the 100th time!!! And I get a response back, what does missing Cozumel have anything to do that pinging sound in your Pontiac’s motor…

10...when you are making up your list for guests for the holidays and shoreguy is it...and you have never met.

9....when you hope your stuffing recipe will not get a bad review

8...when you start to look up the recipe for foo-foo drinks for Thanksgiving guests.

7....when your holiday guests are greeted at the door by a sign with a magnet stating that you are a Cruise Critic Member and expect to be treated better because of it.

Take it from here folks....Eileen

When you're up until 3AM doing office work and still have to read the boards before retiring:(

Then arise at 7AM to get to the office.

No wonder I find these boards so amusing...I must be delirious!

EileenN ~

6...When you have to get through the holidays (decorating, shopping, cooking, entertaining) when you'd really rather be cruising!

5....when you are reviewing your gift list and notice you have added Klaus and Ruth as family members....

4. when you put Colin Vetch on your holiday card list...

3. when your holiday menu includes something from the Presidential dinner menu...

Eileen

5....when you are reviewing your gift list and notice you have added Klaus and Ruth as family members....

4. when you put Colin Vetch on your holiday card list...

3. when your holiday menu includes something from the Presidential dinner menu...

Eileen

Keep going Eileen...you're on a roll;)

Wish Suesan Jean would check in with her menus:)

when...

2. you turn on the computer first and THEN hit the bathroom first thing in the morning.

AND NUMBER ONE:

you no longer notice the smell of coffee in the morning. You get out of bed and go to the computer first...

GOD HELP US ALL !!!

Thanks for the fun, friends, Eileen

You wonder what to eat and you think to yourself

What would Shoreguy suggest?

You can't stop speaking to people in person without refering to them by their CC names?

When your kids are misbehaving you say to them to stop or I'll get Host Cecelia to straighten this out.

You question your self worth by the number of reads you get on the CC boards.

Whoever said the one about checking the boards before getting the coffee is so true.

Maryfrei, catskillsmom, brooklynphil, etc (c ya guys on the Spirit 1 nighter).

I feel much better now becuase of this thread. I now know I am not alone which means it is perfectly ok to keep spending a lot of time on the boards.

Wendell

I don't think so, I think we all need to go to CCA and stand before the group. My name is Nita and I am a CC addict!!!! NMnita

..........When your friends roll their eyes heavenwards when you yet again say, "I was reading on Cruise Critic, you know, that message board that I spend most of my life on"........

when this is about general news items which appear, to the unitiated, to have no relation to cruising.

Believe me CC is not everyday news in the UK

I too have found myself checking the boards in the morning before doing anything else. I blame it on the time difference

When you take it personally that there are hardly any posters are on your Roll Call.

When you post questions you already know the answer to just to see who will answer.

When you are tempted to respond to some of the nasty postings that absolutely do not deserve a response.

When you want to correct someones spelling mistake.

Archived