Princess cruiser books Horizon needs help

SOLIVITA LADY

I am an experienced Princess cruiser but Carnival is a complete mystery to me. I've booked the Horizon Maiden 13 day Europe cruise and could use some guidance.

How much are tips and are they automatically added to your shipboard account?

Is there a coffee card I can buy for specialty coffees?

Are there laundry facilities on board.

Anyone have menu of drink prices?

Does Carnival provide any type of shuttle service from ship to ports visited. Princess does this in some ports.

Anything else you can provide which differs from Princess would be helpful

My DIL is coming on this trip with me and we are very excited.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jackie

(& Christine - DIL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an experienced Princess cruiser but Carnival is a complete mystery to me. I've booked the Horizon Maiden 13 day Europe cruise and could use some guidance.

How much are tips and are they automatically added to your shipboard account? They are $12.95 per person (suites are slightly higher) and you can pre pay them as part of your cruise fare or they will be added to you shipboard account. On Carnival it is called Sail and Sign.

Is there a coffee card I can buy for specialty coffees? No coffee card but you will get a punch card. After 8 (?) you get a free one

Are there laundry facilities on board. There are both do it your self facilities or you can send it out

Anyone have menu of drink prices? Someone will help you out on this one. I just order what I want.

Does Carnival provide any type of shuttle service from ship to ports visited. Princess does this in some ports. I was booked but I had to cancel out Vista Med cruise. I did not see any indication regarding shuttles. We were looking into excursions that did include transportation for that reason.

Anything else you can provide which differs from Princess would be helpful

My DIL is coming on this trip with me and we are very excited.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jackie

(& Christine - DIL)

I hope you enjoy your cruise and the time with your DIL

Thanks so much for the info. Knowing there is a do it yourself laundry will really help to cut down on packing.

I'll be checking into small group tours that provide transportation. I will need to do some research on the ports that are new to me but I enjoy all the preparation that goes into a port intensive cruise.

Jackie

Edited by SOLIVITA LADY

In Civitavecchia there will be a port sponsored shuttle to the port entrance but you are on your own from there. We were in Corfu on another line, but there was a shuttle (fee) into town. Suggest you get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports to see how to do many of the ports on your own. He does not cover Malta, Sardinia or Messina, but always recommends Lonely Planet for those. EM