Need suggestions for hotel and transportation for cruising out of N.J.

Great, I sure will check on that. I am keeping notes of all of these suggestions and feel better about it already. thanks again

If you have questions, post back and ask. Cape Liberty is a DIY port and what works for one person may not suit for another. It's a balance of time, money, and stress - there are so many variables - hotel budget, transportation costs, NY sightseeing or not, nice dining vs just food, shopping, difficulty of buying wine, safety. The advice will be different depending on your priorities and constraints.

I just booked a cruise, park and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island. They offer shuttle service from EWR airport as well as roundtrip shuttle to the port. We picked this one because they have a complimentary shuttle to the Staten Island ferry so we can go to the Statue of Liberty the day before our cruise.

Can you tell us where you found this package deal? We cannot find a package from this Hilton that offers shuttle to cruise. I have tried to call and the man that answered I couldn't understand.

Can you tell us where you found this package deal? We cannot find a package from this Hilton that offers shuttle to cruise. I have tried to call and the man that answered I couldn't understand.

Please read my concerns about this strategy in post #13. IMO Staten Island may not be a good choice until they finish the Bayonne Bridge construction and stop closing the bridge all the time.

I'm still having trouble understanding your priorities. You don't have a car. You need restaurants and port shuttle- only Country Inns and Embassy Suites offer this. You have lots of time to kill - there's really nothing to do at EWR other than the Jersey Gardens Mall. Spending the money to go to Jersey City is not appealing. The Ramada for $173 tax included with round trip port transportation but limited dining doesn't suit. How about downtown Newark where you would pay your own transportation to and from the port? Or perhaps the main airport Marriott on aa.com for $119 + tax where you pay your own transportation.

One thing I am seeing is that some properties are starting to sell out for April 1 which is Easter weekend.