One bottle of wine maybe two?

tomahawk246

One bottle per person? What if you put one in the carry on and one in your luggage. Did anyone try this and did it work? Two is always better then one.

One bottle per person carried on..

If you put one in your checked luggage, and they find it, they will toss it.

First off, there's a good chance it will break (ever see how they handle the bags?) ruining your and possibly others' clothes if it leaks out. Second, they do scan them and if it's found it will be confiscated. If your bag is locked you will be called down to the naughty room to open it and surrender the booze. Not worth the hassle IMHO. Just carry on your 1 per person.

Edited by firemanbobswife

1.75 ml. I carried on mine thru security. One per person. I had korbel pink rose champagne. It worked out great. I got tired of the orange juice and used the guava juice. Tasted great. Good luck.

Strictly speaking, they should have confiscated that because its larger than 750 ml. As many have reported, enforcement is inconsistent. As is inspection of checked baggage.

Your Mileage May Vary is all I can say. By the way, most wine carrying cases fit 2 bottles and since cruises are priced (typically) at double occupancy, I've never had security blink an eye at me carrying 2 bottles on board, even if my wife and I went through 2 different scanners.

That said, they certainly can and might strictly enforce the rules. With the cheers package, it actually makes me spend more $ to bring on wine, though I will always bring something special for the 1st Cruise Elegant night and for the Steakhouse.