best place ($$) to parasail/Mex Riviera

pudy68

My choices are PV, Maz & Cabo.

So far, I've found $40/10min in Cabo ($75 tandem).

I've read in different threads about other parasailing locations, but I was hoping to get sound direction from you pros!:D

Hello

Last year we were in cabo and my husband parasailed for about 30$,, it lasted for about 15-20 min, it seemed like he was up there a while

there were many vendors right there as we got off the tender,, and the price was very negotiable, it started at 45.. went down to 30$ , then it was 40 for 2 people,,

:)

hope this helps..

have fun

melissa

I have gone twice in Mexico and am still alive to tell the tale. if the people don't look right to you or safe then don't do it. Better to be safe than sorry. You can usually find others doing it on the beach so I recommend watching others do it first if you want to see how they operate.

I did it in Mazatlan for $25 for 15 minutes. (that was after I bargained). The price depends on the season. If there are a lot of people waiting you will pay more. If no one is around then you will pay less. I wouldn't pay more than $30 though.

Is it safe to parasail? I have heard of cases where people have died.

Just make sure you inspect the ropes/harnesses. Apparently there is no agency with "over-sight" regarding safety/equipment such as we have here. (OSHA, etc)

A few years ago in Cabo I was going to parasail, but the harness was literally frayed through about halfway!! I couldn't believe they were even using it! :eek:

When I pointed it out, the response was; It's OK Senor, it's no problemo!

Needless to say I took a "pass" on it.

• 2 weeks later...
My choices are PV, Maz & Cabo.

So far, I've found $40/10min in Cabo ($75 tandem).

I've read in different threads about other parasailing locations, but I was hoping to get sound direction from you pros!:D

Just returned from PV. Parasailing from the Sheraton beach area was 400 pesos or $40 US for about 10-15 minutes. Rates change by the season and the number of people that are waiting in line. Our rate started at 500 pesos but we got them down to 400 each for three people.

The beach area near the Krystal resort always has parasailing. The resort is near the cruise ship terminal and within walking distance. There is a thread on this board that gives directions to the Krystal.

Archived